Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Monday, June 2, 2008

recipes

Chicken Salad
6 oz. skinless chicken, cooked and diced
2 tbsp. low-fat mayo
3/4 tbsp. dijon mustard
2 tbsp. green onions, diced
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. fresh dill
1/4 c. celery, diced

Gently combine chicken with remaining ingredients and chill until ready to serve.
We ate this over Kashi whole grain crackers (as few as possible).

Makes 4 servings
Nutrition (per serving)
217 cal.
6 g Total fat
32 g. Protein
7 g. Carb.
79 mg. cholesterol
257 mg sodium

This was really good and a great fix-ahead meal to send with Matt for lunch.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie

1 c. skim milk
1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder (or can use vanilla)
1 tbsp. cocoa powder
1 banana
1 tbsp. natural peanut butter
honey to taste
4 or 5 ice cubes
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.

Makes 2 servings
Nutrition per serving:
Cal: 205
Fat total:5 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Carbs: 26 g
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 17 g

This is our absolute FAVORITE treat of this "diet" so far. It is SO good. Nothing diet-y tasting about this!

Italian Meatloaf
1/2 c. onions, diced
2 tbsp. fat-free chicken broth, low sodium
2 tbsp. minced garlic
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
1/2 c. sourdough bread crumbs
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. low-sodium, low-fat marinara sauce
2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
2 tbsp. Italian parsley, chopped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Saute onions in the chicken broth until lightly browned.
Add the garlic and cook 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
In a large mixing bowl, combine onion mixture with ground turkey, breadcrumbs, 1/2 c. marinara sauce, basil and parsley.
For mixture into a loaf. Shape and place in an ungreased loaf pan.
Brush with the remaining 2 tbsp. marinara sauce and bake until cooked through, 30-45 min.
Drain off fat and let cool before cutting into 8 slices.

Serving size: 2 slices
Nutrition per serving
297 cal.
3 g. total fat
45 g. protein
20 g. carb
106 mg cholesterol
410 mg sodium

I haven't tried this recipe yet... but I bought all the ingredients for it last night at the store and will probably make it Wednesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipes I think I will try the meatloaf in my next weeks meals, and the smoothie for a breakfast and the Chicken salad as something different from my regular Monday Lunch grilled chicken salad...

Thanks for sharing!

Kate said...

that smoothie sounds delish! will have to try it this week.