Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Muscle Milk

Weight GAINER!!????? Do WHAT? All this time I have been making our chocolate protein shakes with Chocolate Muscle Milk (aka protein powder I THOUGHT). What I failed to notice was the calorie content on the side! One serving is 600 calories!! YIKES! We went to GNC today to replenish our supply and I saw that they have Muscle Milk Light---which of course got me to looking at the labels. Turns out it has WAY less calories...BUT...costs almost double! Isn't that NUTS? One container of Muscle Milk is $36.99. A container of Muscle Milk Light is $56.99. That's Crazy!
Anyway, the Whey Protein Powder I buy from Wal-Mart is like $12.97 for a container and has only 110 calories per scoop....so I'll be using that from now on. No--it doesn't taste 1/10th as good as the Muscle Milk...but...I'm not in this for things that taste good.
I about flipped today when the guy at GNC said, "ya, that Muscle Milk is really for gaining weight." Huh...maybe THAT could be one of the reasons I am not losing anymore weight. I drink one of those shakes almost daily...if not twice a day!! WOOPS!

By the way, still feeling crappy-ish. Not AS bad as the previous 5 days...but definitely not good either. Don't know what's up with this stuff...but better or not...Reality is here and it wants us to come back tomorrow morning. I'm taking today as my final "resting" day...tomorrow is a new day and a new start.

(disclaimer: When I say I drink one of those shakes, what I REALLY mean is I make a shake and Matt and I split it. He drinks about 2/3 and I drink 1/3---so it's not like I've been drinking 600 calories every time...but still...even 200 or 300 is a LOT for a shake that I am drinking WITH my meal. Yikes!)

2 comments:

Kate said...

yeah, when I used to drink them, I used the EAS Myoplex lite - certainly not as tasty as the real deal, but it only had 100 calories when made with water. you may wan to try that - you can either get the powder or the pre-made shakes.

byn always said...

The shakes I get are about that price, but are all organic and have helped me tremendously. I would check out Akins if nothing else. There is so much stuff in so many of those things that will have a negative impact on your metabolism... Just read read read up on it before you buy!