Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day 41

I almost want to call this a "skip" day since I technically didn't do my P90X work-out today. I realize I am way too hung-up on doing this thing perfectly, because I feel like a failure for missing...but I also realize (like I told Candy the other day) that there's more to life...
Being healthy and fit is important...but it's not everything. Tonight is the first night in about 10 days that my hubby has come home from work on time, we got to eat dinner together and then we rented a movie, "The Bucket List." I REALLY hated to miss my work out (Plyometrics) so I decided I would do it during the movie (without the dvd) by just following the work out guide in the book. HA! Do you have any idea how hard it is to watch a movie while doing jump squats? ha ha. I got through the first round and then gave up on it. I was missing the movie and the spot on the couch beside my hubby was calling out to me. I'm proud (in a weird kind of way) that I didn't do the work out and that I took the opportunity to invest my time in cuddling with Matt instead.
I did get to the gym today for my "normal" work out his morning twhich was a 45 minute class of core & weights--so at least that's good.
Eating was good too, for the most part.

Breakfast: Egg white scramble with FF mozerella cheese, small protein smoothie

Lunch: 2 slices light WW bread w/ ham, protein bar, water.

Snack: 100% fruit popsicle, 5 light pringles

Dinner: Grilled bar-b-q chicken breast, small baked potato with 1 tbsp. light sour cream, veggies, salad

Dessert/snack (while watching our movie): Diet (25 cal) hot chocolate, 1 tbsp. walnuts, 1 tbsp. yogurt covered raisens.

3 comments:

KC said...

So, was the movie good? I rented it yesterday, but we haven't watched it yet. I can't wait to see it! :)
You did great! You got your workout in early, and then were able to cuddle with Matt (which was much needed). I think the whole thing about P90X is to get you working out everyday..and you did that, so don't beat yourself up. Be PROUD that you worked out (even if it wasn't the "scheduled" workout). Love ya!!!!

Beverly said...

Jen I am so proud of you. You are doing so good with this, sure wish we were closer to one another I could sure use a work out buddy.

Anonymous said...

Great Movie, we really enjoyed this movie...I feel like I've had quite a few skip days from P90X over the weekend, but I did either ride bikes or lightly Jog, so I did keep up with the Calorie burning...Back on track Thursday though...

Candy Ü