Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 54

As usual, Thursday's are go-go-go for me. It's my big "mowing" day. So, after the gym and a quick stop at Wal-Mart, it was home to push mow the front and back yards and then riding mow the rest of the acreage. By that time I was feeling very sunburned (forgot sunscreen today) and HOT...so into the pool we all went. Ahhhh....I just want to say Thank You GOD for blessing me with a swimming pool!! That pool is one of the best investments we have ever made!
After swimming, it was time to cook dinner, do dishes and then I did X Stretch (recovery week). It was SOOO relaxing, although I had to fight my mind from thinking it was a waste of an entire hour. I just have this mentality that I have to be dripping in sweat to be doing any good. (probably why I'm not too flexible--stretching takes time).
I am very happy to report that it is now 9:46 pm and I am IN BED already!! Woohoo! I'll probably watch the Super Nanny that I dvr'd last night before I go to sleep..but still, this is a record for me!! (to be in bed this early) Of course, I will have to "pay the price" in the morning by getting up extra early to work but that's okay. Tomorrow is my big 'annual exam'. I've been thinking about this for a while and am anxious to see how my weight compares this year with what I weighed last June.

So here's what I ate today:
Breakfast: Kashi oatmeal with a sprinkle of raisens and walnuts, very small protein shake

Lunch: McDonalds!! (side salad with balsalmic dressing, McChicken with only 1/2 bun, yogurt & fruit parfait, a few of the kids fries.

Snack: Kashi protien bar, 30 pistachios

Dinner: Turkey burger (160 cal) on light WW bun (110 cal), zucchini fries, salad, 1/2 protein bar.

Just now while I am typing this: 25 cal. light hot chocolate, 1/8 c. yogurt covered raisens, 1/8 c. walnuts.

gosh, looking at it all, I think I probabaly overate today.....darn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way as you do on the Stretch X...I just can't seem to get it done because I always feel that I need to burn more calories than that.But the stretching is important and I'm going to try to fit it in this week.