Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Monday, January 18, 2010

What to eat this week:

Okay peeps, here is the meal plan for this week:

Monday-
Breakfast: veggie omlet, 1 slice turkey bacon
Snack: string cheese, apple slices
Lunch: chef salad, yogurt
Snack: almonds, 1/2 banana
Dinner: Turkey meatloaf, sweet potato fries, green beans

Tuesday-
Breakfast: Kashi Go Lean Crunch! cereal, skim milk, 1/2 banana
Snack: celery with 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter
Lunch:Deli Wrap (whole wheat tortilla, deli meat, veggies, avacado, slivered almonds)
Snack: string cheese, banana
Dinner: Naked (or not) Turkey Burgers, P90X coleslaw, veggie beans

Wednesday-
Breakfast: Spinach scramble, turkey bacon
Snack: banana, protein bar
Lunch: turkey sandwhich, carrot sticks, yogurt
Snack: Apple & almonds
Dinner: Lemon Garlic Chicken, brown&wild rice, grilled asparagus

Thursday-
Breakfast: Kashi Go Lean Honey & Cinnamon oatmeal, 1/2 c. fresh fruit
Snack:PBB roll up (peanut butter & banana on whole wheat tortilla)
Lunch: P90X tuna sandwhich, apple slices
Snack: string cheese, almonds
Dinner: Turkey Taco Soup with salad greens

Friday-
Breakfast: Eggs over easy, turkey sausage links, whole wheat toast
Snack: banana, fruit & nut bar
Lunch: Turkey sandwhich, carrot sticks, yogurt
Snack: apple, 20 pistachios
Dinner: Baked flounder, cream of broccoli soup, fruit salad

Recipes:
Tasty Turkey Meatloaf
1 lb. extra-lean ground turkey
2 small eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
1/2 c. old-fashioned oats
1/2 can diced tomatoes
1/2 large jar marinar sauce
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350*. Mix all ingredients together except for 1/2 of the marinara sauce. Place in loaf pan and cook for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and spread the remaining marinara sauce on top and cook for an additional 15 minutes. (taken from Beachbody's Thin Kitchen)
Cal: 206 Protein: 23 g Carb: 17 g Fiber: 3 g Total Fat: 7 g

P90X Coleslaw (adapted to my likings)
1 pkg. coleslaw mix
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
2 apples, finely diced
1/2 c. light mayo
1/3 c. white vinegar
1 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. fructose
2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. dijon mustard
1/4 tsp salt
pinch of pepper
Directions:
Combine the vegtables and apples in a large bowl and mix well. Combine the remaining ingrediests in a small bowl and mix well to make dressing. Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss until evenly coated. Cover tightly and chill before serving. (from P90X Nutrition Guide)
Cal: 38 Carb: 9 g Sodium: 171 mg

P90X Lemon Garlic Chicken
1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp. molasses
2 tsp. worchestershire sauce
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 lbs. skinless boneless chicken
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Directions:
Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl andadd chicken. Cover and marinate in fridge for 1 hour, turning occasionally. Preheat oven to 425*. Remove chicken from dish, reserving marinade and arrange in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Pour reserved marinade over the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, basting occasionally with marinade. Bake without basting for 20 minutes more or until chicken is done.

Turkey Taco Soup
1 lb. extra-lean ground turkey
1/2 onion, chopped
corn
black beans
pinto beans
chicken broth
black olives, sliced
1 can diced tomoatos
1 can chopped green chilies
packet of taco seasoning
1 oz. Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning (dry powder)
Directions:
Brown turkey with onions and then remove excess grease. Add in all other ingredients and simmer. Serve with tortilla chips (if you're feeling naughty) or if you're being good....serve over salad greens with light sour cream, sliced avacado and a few sprigs of cilantro. YUM!

P90X Tuna Sandwhich
6 oz. tuna, canned
3/4 oz. light mayo
squeeze of lemon
1 tbsp. shredded carrots
1 tbsp. chopped celery
1 tbsp. chopped green onion
dill relish (not in the actual recipe, but I add this)

Drain canned tuna ad place in a small bowl. Add mayo and mix thoroughly. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend together. Serve on 2 slices of light whole wheat toast.
Cal: 318 Total Fat: 5 g Protien: 44 g Carb: 5g Cholesterol: 51 mg Sodium: 348 mg

8 comments:

Lori Allberry said...

Hi Jen!

You are awesome, just the BEST!!! Thank You so very, very much for taking the time to post all of your recipes!
I'm on Day 16 today Jen! I'm love, love, lovin P90X! I have a question for you though, since I'm still in Phase 1, Fat Shredder, are any of these recipes safe for me? I do have to admit that I'm anxious to get to Phase 2 next week and try out some new recipes!

Thanks for everything Jen!
♥Lori

Matty O said...

Let's see... can I copy and paste? Great breakdown of your diet and even including the recipes!!! As I was reading I said well that sounds good and then there are the recipes at the bottom :) This is the second time I am doing P90X and stumbled upon your blog. Keep up the good work and God bless!

-Matt

Travis said...

What is the P90X Tuna Sandwhich? Are you doing a whole wheat wrap instead of bread?

Jen said...

Sorry Trav,
Guess I forgot to put that recipe, huh?? Woops!! I added it on there. What are you up to these days? I checked out your new blog...tried to leave you a comment but had techinical problems...!??! Anyway, thanks for keeping me on my toes! :o)

Rene' said...

I've been printing some of your recipes, thanks :) I make that same taco soup--but of course I eat every bite on a tortilla chip "scoop" :(

Alissa said...

I'm going to try that turkey meatloaf recipe! The cherries I bought were from a store called Trader Joe's. They don't have one near you! :(

Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl said...

Thanks for posting this! Now I have a weeks worth of eats!

Anonymous said...

I just am so greatful to have found your blog! My weigh issue has been a thorn in my side for all my life. I give this to the Lord and then I take it back. ARGH! I've just been wanting someone to help me by telling me what I need to eat and then I found your site! I haven't had a chance to look at the complete site but I can't wait! My whole family is in need and if mom can't seem to get control of this weight issue, then it seems like the whole family pays for my lack of discipline. Thanks again and God bless!!