Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Monday, June 9, 2008

Day 40

So, today was clean-the-house day. It went pretty well although I didn't end up getting out of my jammies until a few minutes ago!!! The kids helped me clean and suprisingly, they actually did a pretty good job. Grant's work was hit-n-miss but Brooklyn was really a big help! Hooray! Now she thinks she should get an allowance! Hmmm...I'll have to talk to her daddy about that!

I did my workout today before dinner. It was chest, shoulder and triceps along with ARX. I pushed myself a lot harder today. Man, all those push ups are killer. My arms were shaking after the first set. (I hate those slow count ones).
On ARX, do any of you do the "mason twist" --all 50--with your legs up? I do the first 30 with them on the floor and the last 20 with them up...but I'm thinking I need to start upping that by 5 every time until I'm doing all 50 with them up.

Food for today:

Breakfast: 1 1/2 c. Life cereal with skim milk.
(This was probably "bad" but it sounded SO good and I was STARVING!

Lunch: 1/2 ham sandwich (on 1 slice light ww bread) , sugar snap peas, Fiber One vanilla yogurt with strawberries, blueberrys and almonds.

Drank 1 scoop of Recovery Drink after my work out/with my dinner.

Dinner: 2 slices of turkey breast with gravy, VERY small baked potato with 1 tsp. lt. sour cream, salt & pepper and large serving of green beans.

Snack/dessert: Went over to my mom's and my grandma had made banana nut bread. It had just come out of the oven and I couldn't resist a tiny sliver of a slice. YUM!

*Does it seem like I am cheating more these days? I kinda feel like I am. Maybe I need to go back to eating strictly by the nutrition guide...!?!?!?

3 comments:

Kate said...

do share, what is a "mason twist"?

KC said...

We give the boys allowance (like a Quarter or two), for doing their daily chores (brushing teeth, making bed, cleaning up all the toys, etc). If they are good, and do all their chores each week, they get an allowance at the end of the week. I have little sticks that they get to pull and put in a special pocket, and then any "extra" chores/polite things they do without being asked they get to put an extra stick in, for more allowance. It really motivates them to help out, and be good. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, a little RD? Tasting any better?

Have you ever heard of the Fly Lady?

Candy Ü