Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 43

Nothing real special to say about today. It's been a busy day and I've been on my feet pretty much since I woke up. I am actually about 40 minutes from being done with my hour and a half long yoga video...but I decided to call it quits and go to bed. I am soooo sleepy and I can't seem to hold any poses tonight...especially the balance poses on the 2nd half. "Tree" is like my favorite and easiest one...and I fell out of position like 3 times.
I did go to the gym this morning and do my core/cardio class as well as 40 reps on the ab machine. (Thing where you hold on with your arms, legs hanging straight down and you pull your legs up out straight in front of you or else bend at the knee and pull them up to your chest)

After that I did a little grocery shopping. Then I came home and push-mowed the front, side and back yards, then hopped into the pool for a quick swim, then inside to cook, then wash dishes, then get kids settled, then shower, then do yoga and now here I am. Whew! Somewhere in there I did 3 loads of laundry too.

On a side note: I am having a "fat" day, it seems. I just feel blubbery today for some reason. I'm feeling frustrated that I'm not losing lbs. anymore and I'm doing everything according to the book. Matt on the other hand, has eaten out almost EVERY meal for the past week and a half, hasn't done a single workout (except for yesterday) and he's still dropping weight like crazy. He was down to 183 today...which means he's lost 17 pounds and he's hardly even trying. Well, not like I am anyway. I'm not hoping for big numbers or anything, but at least SOME progress Actually, since I weighed 138 last week, I haven't weighed that again since. It's always 139. I know different times of the day will affect that...but I'm really hoping to see 137 next...NOT a number above 138, ya know?!?!
Anyway, I'm sure tomorrow will be better. I just need to get some good rest...which is where I am headed as soon as this post is over.
Here' s what we ate today:
Breakfast: Kashi Go Lean oatmeal; chocolate-peanut butter protein smoothie.

Lunch: Bowl of chicken & rice soup (from last nights dinner), fresh pineapple

Dinner: Jerk Chicken Nachos (Homemade corn tortilla crips, chicken, avacado, lettuce, tomato, cilantro, black beans, light sour cream, salsa, bell pepper, red onion, banana peppers, FF cheese)

Dessert: I tried making the Apple Raisen Coffee Cake recipe from the Thin Kitchens cookbook. It only has 163 cal. per peice and I thought that might be a special sweet treat. Well, it's edible...but that's about it. CERTAINLY not what I'd call a "cake". More like a really bland, un-sweet, dry bread. Anyway, I'm sure I'll eat it till its gone because I used 6 apples and a whole cup of raisens to make it and I don't want it going to waste.
Okay, I really gotta get off here. I've fallen asleep with my fingers on the keyboard about 3 times since I've been typing this post. Time for sleep! Zzzzzzzz...............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your sleepy pain. I was soooo tired last night, it was good to go to bed early and I slept good all night. I feel much better today. I'll be back to normal in no time...You did a lot of work yesterday, I can see why you were tired. Don't worry so much about the scale, it will all come off in due time as you continue to make healthy eating and daily exercise a part of your life... Ü