Here is the recipe for the Triple Berry Pancakes and the Island Pork Tenderloin Salad. They are both SOO good and SOO healthy!
Triple Berry Pancakes (4 servings)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/8 c. canola oil
1 c. skim milk
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 c. wheat germ
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. whole-wheat flour
strawberries, bananas, blueberries (or you can use raspberries or peaches)
1. In a medium bowl,mix eggs with oil and milk.
2. Stir in baking soda, wheat germ, salt and flour. Mix until blended.
3. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Pour or scoop batter onto the griddle.
4. After the batter has cooked a little, add berries.
5. When you see the batter bubble throughout the panckaes, flip them once.
6. Cook until golden brown. After removing pancakes, add a few fresh berries on top.
(we ate these with Mrs. Butterworths Sugar-Free Syurp...except for Grant who hates syrup..he had powdered sugar on top)
Fat total: 16g
Island Pork Tenderloin
lean pork tenderloin
1/2 tsp salt
14 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 tbsp. garlic, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Stir together salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder and cinnamon. Then coat pork with the spice rub.
3. Heat oil in skillet over moderately high heat and brown pork, turning, about 4 minutes.
4. Stir together brown sugar and garlic and pat onto top of tenderloin. Place pork in a pan and cook in oven for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees.
Island Pork Tenderloin Salad
1 cup fresh spinach
1/2 red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into strips
1/8 c. golden raisens
1 cup Napa Cabbage
6 oz. Island Pork Tenderloin
Dressing--We used Kraft Asian Sesame Dressing
1. While tenderloin is roasting in the oven, peel and cut oranges crosswise into 1/4 in. thick slices and set aside.
2. Toss spinach, cabbage, bell pepper and raisens in a large bowl.
3. Mound salad mixture on a large plate. Arrange pork and orange slices on top and drizzle with dressing.
(I also added a small sprinkling of slivered almonds on top!)
Total fat: 13g
Sodium: 781 mg
****See picture in post on Day 17.