Ok ya'll...I've been reading some magazines here lately when I have a spare minute (whatever that is--ha ha ) I've come across a few tips (and quotes) I thought were helpful and thought I'd share them with you:
1. "If you're committed to your goal, you'll find a way to fit in an hour's worth of exercise, no matter how busy you are."
2. Many people watch TV from 7 p.m. to around 11 p.m. each night. That's lots time for activity."
3. Eating a plant-based diet provides you with a health insurance policy against a range of diseases.
4. Always fill 2/3 of your plate with veggies and whole grains and devote just 1/3 to meat.
5. Learn to relegate meat to a side-dish status.
6. Don't eat on "auto pilot" just because it's lunchtime or there is a bowl of candy on your desk. Eat Mindfully!
7. Don't be fooled into thinking that "100 calorie" snacks are a smart choice. Most of them have nothing in them that will help fuel your body. Eat a small apple. It only has 35 calories. Or snack on some fresh veggies. Use the "100 calorie" snack packs for occasional indulgences only.
8. Take a "break" from eating by setting your fork down in between bites. The slower you eat, the easier it will be for you to realize when your full.
9. Be prepared at all times. Never leave home without a healthy snack with you. Even if you don't think you'll need it-take it because it's way better to eat your healthy snack should hunger strike than to have to stop for anything fast-food.
10. Recognize opportunity. When you mess up and over eat, or eat something unhealthy...recognize it as an opportunity to learn and move on. Too many people have the idea that once they've flubbed--it's all over. It's not. That moment is behind you...look forward to how you can do better next time. Don't QUIT. And you don't have to wait until tomorrow or next week to start. Start now. This very moment. Now drop down and give me 20!!
And for my ALL TIME FAVORITE:
"A heavy, fit person is better off than a skinny, lazy person!!!"
Why? you might ask
Because a heavy, fit person is MOVING--getting in shape, getting their heart pumping.
A skinny person who is inactive may look alright...but inside, they're not.
It's Been Awhile - Wow! It has been awhile! Why do I even have a blog? With pinterest, facebook, emails, etc., I seldom make time to blog at all... that includes post o...
2 years ago