Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 47

This was a productive day. First I got up and got my work all done for the dr. office, then it was off to the gym for my core/cardio/plyo class. After that I stopped at wally-world for a few items and then home to eat lunch, do school with the kids and then mow. I had the worst mowing day EVER. First of all I filled up our push mower with gas and push mowed one side (the big part) with the mower. Then it was time to empty the grasscatch. But when I tried to start it up again after that, it would NOT start. I tried everything I could think of--even had the kids out there with me holding this and pushing that and still, nothing. Okay, fine. I went and got the riding mower...figured I'd do the rest with that. I got one whole side mowed (probably half an acre) when it started sputtering. I figured it was out of gas so I just turned it off and went and got the gas can and filled it all the way up..which took ALL of a 5 gallon gas can. Hopped back on and turned the key---and---nothing. The engine wouldn't even turn over...no click...just nothing. UGH! I again tried everything I could think of and even went in and called Matt...but it was no use. So, lastly, I walked down to my mom's house and borrowed her push mower. By this point all I really cared about was getting our back yard mowed as it's hard for the kids to play out there when the grass is up as high as their ankles (which hides all the lovely piles of dog dooky). So I get it going and get a couple of strips mowed and the thing dies. Of course---I need MORE gas. Thankfully we had 2 full gas cans! So, I filled it up and finally got to finish the back yard. Since I used 3 different mowers, the grass is all different heights--and there is still a BIG portion of our front field/yard that isn't mowed. WHAT EVER is what I say. I did my best!
After the mowing, I jumped in the pool with the kids and actually got to lay out on my raft and float around peacefully for probably a good half hour before I had to go in and shower. Then tonight we had some of our good friends over for dinner and their 2 little girls (ages 4 and 5) are staying the night with us. It was a bit of a challenge coming up with something that we would all like (for dinner) and that would still be on our diet. We ended up grilling turkey burgers. I bought whole wheat buns and all the fixins. I got some light Lays, made some light deviled eggs, did a veggie tray and made a fruit salad with fresh fruit (strawberry, kiwi, mandarin oranges, banana, apple, grapes, plums, walnuts). I also made a pan of low-fat fudge brownies (Betty Crocker). YUM!!! They were 140 calories per brownie (18 srvgs. per pkg). I figured that we'd have to cut them in tiny little squares to get 18...but actually, Matt cut them into 20 servings and they were normal-sized squares. And they were SOOOO good! I put one on a plate and then covered it with the friut salad. Oh. My. Gosh. The only thing bad about it is I would have liked to eat triple that much!! ha ha
Anyway, with all that going on, we opted out of the Yoga video for tonight. I did get a full 45 minute hard-core work out in this morning plus all the mowing I did....so I think I'm covered for today. (even though ideally I would do my p90x workout in addition to all that)
Here is what I ended up eating today:
Breakfast:
Kashi Go Lean Oatmeal with 1/4 c. walnuts and 1/4 of an apple mixed in. (thanks Candy!)
Skim milk with 1/2 scoop of protein powder.

Snack: Apple chips (1 serving)

Lunch: 1 slice light WW bread, 3 thin slices of ham, light mayo, tomato. (open-faced sandwich), 1 srvg. light Lays, 1 yogurt-cup with strawberries mixed in.

Dinner: 1/2 turkey burger with 1/2 a bun. 1/2 of a chicken sausage, raw veggies with lt. ranch, Light lays (about 1/2 a srvg), 1 light deviled egg, 1 1/2 brownie with 3/4 c. fresh fruit.

I may have not done real good on my eating today, I'm not sure...but it was worth it. Everything I ate today was SO good. Plus, I'm sure you don't really want to know this...but I'm pretty sure it's "that" time and I've been craving something extra-yummy. Today did it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a Rough but Good day overall. I can taste that Brownie right NOW! Tell me what a light deviled egg is. Is it just less yolk or what?