Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

This Week's Meal Plan

So, I've remembered something....I need to make plans for the weekend because when I don't it's like a 24/7 All-You-Can-Eat buffet! Seriously, I'm sure we undo all our hard work from the week with the way we eat on the weekend...but NO MORE! From now on-it's a 7 day schedule coming your way!

Monday-
Breakfast:Veggie omlet, turkey bacon
Snack: Banana, almonds
Lunch: Chef Salad
Snack: apple, fruit & nut bar
Dinner: Grilled Turkey Tenderloin Filets, baked potato, green beans, fresh pineapple

Tuesday-
Breakfast: Kashi Go Lean cereal, skim milk, banana
Snack:Apples & Grapes
Lunch: Chicken Ranch Wrap (made with leftover grilled turkey tenderloins)
Snack: Almonds and golden raisens (matt)/Celery with natural Peanut Butter (me)
Dinner: Chipotle Grilled Chicken with Avacado sandwhiches, Kale chips

Wednesday-
Breakfast: Spinach scramble, turkey sausage
Snack: Peanut Butter, almond and banana roll up
Lunch: P90X Chicken Salad w/ Kashi 7-grain crackers
Snack: Apple; almonds
Dinner: Turkey veggie spaghetti, salad, veggie(?), fresh pineapple

Thursday-
Breakfast: Peanut Butter Protien Oatmeal
Snack: banana & string cheese
Lunch: Deli sandwich, carrot sticks with 1 tbsp. ranch dressing
Snack: Apple, almonds
Dinner: Turkey chili, fruit salad

Friday-
Breakfast: Eggs over easy, WW biscuits, turkey sausage
Snack: String cheese, apple
Lunch: left over turkey chili
Snack: Protien bar, banana
Dinner: Baked flounder, wild brown rice, broccoli soup

Saturday-
Breakfast: Protien Pancakes, turkey sausage, strawberries
Snack: Apple, almonds
Lunch, snack, dinner: Eat Out
(Saturday's is usually when we go into town and do our running around and eat out. Hopefully we can be careful and choose wisely!)

Sunday-
Breakfast: cold cereal, skim milk, banana
Lunch: Beef roast with veggies, salad (this will be made on Saturday!-crossing my fingers)
Dinner: Homemade veggie pizza, salad, fruit salad

Recipes:

Chipotle Grilled Chicken with Avacado Sandwich (thanks Lori)
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. lime juice
1/2 tsp. chipotle chile powder
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breast halves)
4 small slices of montery jack cheese
4 sets hamburger buns (or eat open faced and use half a bun!)
1 avacado, peeled, seeded and sliced
lettuce
light mayo

Directions:
1. In a shallow bowl, stir together olive oil, lime juice and chipotle chile powder.
2. Place the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of wax paper. Use a meat pounder to pound the breasts to an even thickness of about 1/2 inch (wow! sounds like MY breasts-haha!). Cut off excess fat (I WISH! ha ha) If you are starting two half-pound chicken breast halves, cut each one in half so that you have 4 peices (to better fit the buns). Place the chicken in the marinade, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate for at least 15 minute, preferably an hour.
3. Heat your grill to high. Grill the chicken peices a couple of minutes on each side, until cooked through. Once you have cooked them on one side, flip and ad a slice of cheese to the chicken. Cover the grill for half a minute to melt the cheese. Toast the buns on the grill as well.
4. Assemble the sandwiches-bun bottom, chicken with melted cheese, avocado, lettuce, mayo, bun on top (optional).
Serves 4.

Kale Chips (thanks Annie)
Ingredients:
-a big bunch of kale, torn into hand-size peices
-olive oil spray
-salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375*. Lay kale on cookie sheet and spray with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Bake kale for 15 minutes and flip. Spra other side with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for another 15 minutes, keeping a close eye for singed leaf edges.
3. Cool and enjoy!

Turkey Veggie Spaghetti
1 small onion, chopped
1 lb. extra lean ground turkey
1 jar Ragu Sugar Free Spaghetti Sauce
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1 zucchini (diced)
1 squash (diced)
1/2 pkg. whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles

Directions:
Brown onion, pepper and meat and remove excess grease. Add in veggies and sauce and simmer. Make noodles according to package. I serve with lots of sauce and less noodles (than customary) to make a bit healthier.

4 comments:

Lori Allberry said...

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Jen!!!!

Thank YOU - for taking the time to type out your meal plans for the week and sharing them with us - I'm sure it takes a lot of time, in fact, I know it does - so ♥THANK YOU♥ for doing this for us all! YOU ROCK!

Ok, now, you are most welcome for the recipe, and your comments, oh my goodness - you were absolutely cracking me up! You are so dang funny! =)

I'm hitting the hay for the night, today was our first day of synergistics and I'm pooped!

THANKS for being the AWESOME girl you are!

Hugs,
♥Lori

Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl said...

u're very welcome Jen! And thanks for the weeks worth of food again!

Rene' said...

what are grilled turkey tenderloin filets? where do u buy them and how do u cook them? is it like a port tenderloin?

Rene' said...

ps I've been printing your recipes and trying some of them :)