Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Day 13

Saturday....ahhhh. I decided since it was the weekend and we have eggs almost every single morning, I'd do something different and make the "Healthy Pancakes" recipe from my Thin Kitchen cookbook (that came with the P90X system). It called for eggs, canola oil, skim milk, wheat germ, whole wheat flour and baking soda. I ate mine with Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar Free syrup. Matt had his with honey. They weren't great...but they were okay and it was nice to have something different for a change. After breakfast (and washing all the dishes) I decided to shampoo the carpet. (ick!) Then we did our workout for today--Kenpo. I was SO NOT into it today...but I gave it my best effort anyway and by the time it was over we were soaked in sweat and EXhausted!! Then it was time to cook lunch and take a shower. We decided to load up and do a little shopping this evening with the family. While we were out, we got hungry and decided to go to Chili's since we had 2 free kids meal coupons for there. We both ordered what we thought would be "permissable" on our meal plan. When we got home, we looked up the numbers. I wouldn't say we did great....but I don't think we completely messed up. Definitely nothing like what we would have normally eaten!! The bacon cheeseburger (what Matt would normally order) has 1080 calories and that's WITHOUT fries!!
Anyhow, here's what we ate today:

Breakfast: Healthy pancakes

Lunch: Baked cod, fresh green beans, salad

Dinner:
Me: Grilled chicken quesidilla salad with citrus balsalmic dressing. (I didn't eat the quesidillas though)
Matt: Grilled salmon, fresh veggies, black beans.

Late night snack:
Me: 30 cal. 100% fruit tangerine popsicle
Matt: Apple with peanut butter

2 comments:

SuccessWarrior said...

I went soooo overboard at Olive Garden on Wednesday but I still lost a pound for the week. You get a little extra leeway when you do the X. I love that about the program.

KC said...

Here's the healthy "protein pancakes" that I make for us:
1 serving:
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop protein powder
1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese
1/4 cup egg substitute
1/8-1/4 cup water to thin it out some
1 sweet-n-low
cinnamon to your taste

Put all of this in a blender (I put it in my "bullet"), then blend it into a liquid. Cook just like you would pancakes. We use spray butter, and then Sugar Free syrup. They are actually pretty good, and high in protein. :)