Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Fast-Track Blueberry Muffin


Here is the muffin recipe I made last night. These aren't the sweetest muffins in the world...but they are yummy and healthy and suprisingly even my kids ate them!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. wheat flour
3/4 c. flax seed meal
1 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. ground ginger
2 apples, shredded
3/4 c. skim milk
1 egg
2 egg whites
1tsp. vanilla
1 c. blueberries
non-stick muffin tin
(I also put walnuts and raisens in about half of mine)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients together (except fruit).
Combine eggs, milk, vanilla and beat for 30 seconds, add apples.
Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir and fold in blueberries.
Spray muffin tin with Pam so muffins won't stick. Fill each muffin tin cup 3/4 of the way full. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. (15 servings)

Nutritional Info:
Serving size : 1 muffin
Cal: 140
Fat total: 2.5 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Carbs: 28 g
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 4 g

No comments: