Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Day 4

Tip of the day: PLAN YOUR MEALS!

This has been our worst day so far. We decided not to try to do our workout before work today because I had a lot of work to do and a busy, busy day ahead so we thought we'd just do it when Matt got home from work. On top of that, I didn't plan anything for our meals today, so I just had to "wing it"--which wasn't completely succesful, probably.
Since I had to be at Brooklyn's school all day volunteering, I ate really weird.

For Breakfast:
I had a quick bowl of Kashi Go Lean oatmeal.
Matt had a whole grain english muffin, turkey sausage, egg white & slice of cheese with 8 oz. orange juice.

For mid morning snack I had a protien bar and banana.
Matt had 2 oz. of dried fruit.

For lunch....I had nothing. Just didn't have time to eat and there was nothing healthy at the school.
Matt had 2 slices of whole wheat light bread, turkey, avacado, tomoato, lettuce and mustard sandwich, carrot sticks & pepper slices and fresh strawberries.

For afternoon snack I made myself a 1/2 a protien shake.
Matt had string cheese.

For dinner:
Baked cod over 1/2 c. brown whole-grain rice
Fresh, whole green beans
Same salad as last night

For late night snack: (not really in the "plan" but we were both 'starving')
Matt had 3 crackers with cheese, 1/2 an apple, 20 grapes and a sprinkle of walnuts.
I had 2 crackers with cheese, a few bites of his apple and 5 mini-rice cakes.

Oh..and the work out. Uh...no. We tried, really we did. It was Yoga today. 1 hour and 32 minutes of Yoga to be exact. It was miserable. I'm sure a HUGE part of why we hated it was because we were trying to squeeze it in between the time Matt got home for work and then eating dinner and then going to Grant's preschool graduation tonight. Plus we both needed to take a shower. The guy on the tape kept saying, "relax. Don't think about what you need to do after this, just think about this moment." Ya, right! He must not understand women's brains. No way on earth could I get my head to shut down when I had so much to do and not nearly enough time to do it in. Besides that, almost the whole time we were doing it that FRUSTRATING puppy of ours was biting at my hands. Grrrr...
Plus, how much plank and upward and downward dog can one person do. I think I probably was in warrior pose or downward dog for 90% of it. Blah. I need more variety than that. I actually ended up stopping the tape after 47 minutes because I HAD to cook dinner and get showered or I was gonna miss Grant's graduation. I HATE it that I didn't finish the work out...but somedays you just gotta do what you can do and that's just all you can do, ya know?
Anyway, I'm not counting yoga totally out yet...I'm hoping that next time I'll be in a completely different frame of mind and then maybe I will actually enjoy it. I was definitely working up a sweat today and my arms and legs were trembling by the time I got to 47 minutes...so it must work a little anyway!
Okay, now I must go and get back to my "real" work. Goodnight!

No comments: