Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day 19

Ahhhh...Saturday. Gotta love it! Opened my eyes for the first time at 8:38 this morning! (that is SOOO much better than anytime during the 4 o'clock hour!)
I made a super-dooper-yummy breakfast this morning. Triple Berry Pancakes! DELISH!
I will post recipe for ya this time...cuz it's worth trying!
After breakfast, it was time for some Kenpo X, then it wa off to the shower and onto our church picnic. We did really good at the picnic with our eating since we brought our own food. After all that fun, we ran by Sams to stock up on fish and veggies and then came home and got the pool cover off and added in all the chemicals. Hopefully by next weekend or so, it'll be ready to swim in again! I feel like I really "fell off the wagon" tonight with my eating though. After dinner, I went to my mom's house to play games with her and my aunt and my grandma. I really, really tried to do good..I ate a bowl of peaches first off. But then I caved in and ate 3 chocolate (almond bark really) covered strawberries, 5 chocolate chips and 1 tiny bite of a snickers bar!!!! AUGH! What can I say? It's been NINETEEN days without chocolate....and I thought I was going to salivate all over the table if I didn't have some. But then one thing led to another and the next thing I knew I was thinking "who gives a rip" and stuffing my face. Thankfully, it was all gone before I could do too much damage!! Even though I know I "messed up" tonight...I really think it was time for a bit of a "break". I mean, if I NEVER indulge EVER...I will feel too cheated.
Anyhow, here's what we had to eat today:
Breakfast: Triple Berry Pancakes with sugar free syrup
Lunch: Burger (no bread or cheese--just mustard), fresh veggies (cucumber, carrots, peppers) and fresh fruit (strawberries, pineapple)
Snack: String cheese, 1/2 of a protien bar
Dinner: Grilled chicken kabobs and grilled veggie/fruit kabobs
Dessert/snack: well, you read it up above.
Shame, shame on me!! I'll do an extra work out tomorrow and make up for it. Maybe...

No comments: