Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Friday, May 2, 2008

Day 5

Well, being prepared is good...but sometimes you just can't help circumstances. We were all set to get up early and get our work-out done, but then Matt got called out to work at like 4:30 am so we couldn't do it. That also messed up our breakfast/lunch preparation routine. In the end, it turned out fine though. We ended up doing our work-out after he got home from work tonight and then having a late dinner.
Here was our meal plan for today:
Breakfast:
Matt-whole grain english muffin, turkey sausage, cheese, egg white.
Me-egg white scramble with FF mozerralla cheese, 2 turkey bacon, 6 oz. skim milk

Snacks: Protien bar, string cheese, dried fruit

Lunch:
Baked chicken breast over 1/2 brown rice, salad

Dinner:
Grilled Tequila-Lime Turkey Tenderloin, sauteed squash, zucchini, onion and peppers and home-made coleslaw from the P90X nutrition guide. (only 39 cal. per serving!)

I think we'd both really love to have some dessert right now...but oh well. We're working WAY too hard to give it all up for a moment of "pleasure".

Speaking of working hard, I think I pulled something in my leg today. Today's work out was "Back & Legs and Ab Ripper". After about 20 minutes of squats and lunges, I got this really uncomfortable pain in my left inner thigh and it still hasn't gone away. It feels like a charlie horse that got stuck. Even right now, as I lay in my bed all comfy, it is hurting. Weird! Hopefully by morning it will be better. Tomorrow our work out video is called "Kenpo" I think it's something similar to kick boxing...which is right up my alley. It'll totally stink though if I can't do it because of my leg.

Okay, we'll I'm off to get some rest now. Goodnight!

No comments: