Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Day 25 & 26

Attention Readers: We interrupt this "journey" for a short intermission. Please stay tuned and things will return to normal shortly.
HA!
Okay, so my first day of our "vacation" went O.K. Not great...but not horrible. Then yesterday (Day 25-Friday) I got up (at the hotel) in the morning and went to the fitness room. I did a 20 minute jog on the treadmill, 20 boy push ups and 15 staggered one-leg push ups. Then I did tricep dips and then I hit the pool for a swim and some leg strengthening work. We ate the complimentary continental breakfast which was a challenge. I had 1 slice of whole wheat toast with real butter and an egg on it, a bowl of instant oatmeal and a small (6 oz. ) orange juice.
For snack that day I had a banana and protein bar. For lunch we went to Subway and I ordered a Turkey Breast Sub on Wheat with all veggies (except jalapenos) and dressing on the side, which I used very sparingly. I drank water and didn't have any chips. Later that evening, I had another protien bar and banana. I also did Ab Ripper X at about 4 pm..just for fun! For dinner (at like 8:30 pm!) we had a homemade taco salad...no chips though. Just lettuce, salsa, cheese, taco meat and beans and fruit for dessert (honey dew melon, cantalope, watermelon and strawberries). I think that day went pretty decent.
Now onto today..Saturday, Day 26. Not So Good. First of all, I ended up sleeping all night on my MIL's couch. I woke up feeling HORRIBLE. My whole body was aching and I wasn't sure if it was from sleeping on the couch...or if I actually didn't feel good. As the day wore on, I realized I was feeling crappier and crappier. I had NO energy whatsoever. We all walked down the street a couple of blocks to a garage sale and it was about all I could do to get there and back! I had such good intentions too. I got up first thing this morning and put on my work out clothes and totally intended to go running or try to do my CardioX video. It became apparent that I was not up to par when I took a shower and the water hitting my skin actually hurt. Shaving felt like I was scraping my skin off. My neck was beginning to ache and it hurt to swallow. ICK. Then we went to Wal-Mart to pick up some sunscreen and I had to make a mad-dash to the bathroom where I wasn't sure if I was gonna barf or what. I'll spare you the details...but I think I lost a few pounds in the Wal-Mart bathroom.
On top of all that, we've done BAD with our eating today. I've given it a sincere earnest effort...but this is what we had:
Breakfast: Oatmeal.
Lunch: Ham, potato salad, homemade mac-n-cheese, garlic bread, fruit salad, rum cake.
Dinner: Fried catfish, fresh pineapple, baked fries, baked beans, mud pie.
Whew! I can't believe I ate all that. I did try to eat a LOT of the healthier things and VERY little of the un-healthy things...but still..I'm sure I messed up BIG TIME today.
Tomorrow is not looking good either. We are supposed to be having lunch with Matt's mamaw tomorrow after church and then to the park for a birthday party.
Oh well...at least one thing is for sure...come Monday...or maybe Tuesday---it will be back to normal and back on track. Until then...I promise to give it my best.

No comments: