Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Blehck!

I have no idea what kind of word that is...except it somehow describes how I feel right now. Blehck!
We've been waiting until the evening hours to do our workouts here lately, but we both agreed it's better for the kids (and our dinner time) if we just get up early in the AM and do it. So, out of bed we went at 4:45 am this morning. That was tough enough...but not nearly as tough as doing jumping jacks seconds after being torn from my comfy bed in the "middle of the night". Plus, the minute I put my hair in the ponytail this morning, I could feel my temples throbbing. What's with the headache these days? I have no idea...maybe because my hair is getting longer thus making it heavier?? idunno? Anyhow, it was a miserable 43 minutes and afterwards Matt felt GREAT and actually went over and (get this!) out of his OWN free will..did 10 chin ups on the chin-up bar! Wowsers! Not me..I took my hair out of the pony and dropped onto the couch for about 15 minutes where I snoozed on and off and got my heart rate back down into the "human" range. Now, here I am, an hour and a half later and I still feel CUH-RAP-EEE! I thought exercise was supposed to make you feel good...energized...!!?? And I guess it usually does...but not today. I feel used up..worn out..ready to go back to bed and sleep for 8 hours and then maybe I could wake up and start the day. Of course, that's only in my dreams. In real life the kids are about to get up. I have to go down to my parents house and feed their horses, take B. to school, then its off to the gym for me and G. for tanning and my Core class. Then to Wally World to stock up on some more tasteless, good-4-me food and then running around town dropping off all the orders that came in yesterday for a house-party I had last month. Then finally I get to come home, take a shower and sit at my computer for a good 2-3 solid hours while I do my "real" work. Then it'll be time to pick B. up from school again, cook dinner and work out again. Man, the "FUN" never ends around here...
Okay, sorry..somebody slap me, I seriously need an attitude adjustment. Blehck!!

2 comments:

Kate said...

whoa - just how long are you working out each day? It sounds like you may be overdoing it - 3x a day? Just a suggestion. I know we all need to push our bodies beyond theiy limits, but are you wearing yourself out? I know you're making progress, just don't want you to beat yourself up for it. Now you've got me feeling guilty that I only workout an hour a day and I don't have any kids in tow - lol.

I've been getting really bad headaches too lately - mine are from sinuses and allergies.

KC said...

Another thought on the headache....have you been getting any caffiene? if not, that could be the cause.
Also, if you are dehydrated, you get a headache. So make sure you are drinking A LOT of water!!!
Or one other thought...when it is right about "that time of the month", I get an extremely bad headache, and really tired and not into my workouts...but then as soon as I "get it" I'm fine again. :)