Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day 22

I would call today a success. I had a few "cheats" I guess you could say...but I don't think I messed up really. I got LOTS of working out done today...so I think I more than made up for it.
Matt and I just finished our P90X workout for today...which was Core Synergestics. This was our first time for this DVD and we really liked it. I mean..it was TOUGH...but it was good. Lots of push ups and squats and Abs/core...which is exactly where both of us need the most work.
This morning I went to the gym for my regular 45 minute weight-training/core class and then I did 15 minutes on the elliptical machine. The core video was an hour long...so I got in a good, full 2 hours of work outs today. (besides everything I do around the house all day long!)
We also ate pretty good today...with the excetion that I KNOW we ate too many carbs for Phase 1, which we are still on for another couple of days. At least they were good, healthy carbs.

Breakfast:
Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond Oatmeal with a chocolate peanut butter protien smoothie. YUM!!
(I need to put that recipe on here because that was SO good and such a treat!!)

Snack: A few of Grant's fries from Arby's (who can resist their curly fries?) and 2 bites of chicken.

Lunch:
Me:Left over brown rice with veggies from last nights dinner with a stack of turkey, swiss cheese, tomato and cucumber rolled up...don't know what you'd call that. (maybe-gross, because it was), 1 oz. dried fruit
Matt:Whole wheat tortilla wrap: turkey, swiss cheese, dijon mustard, tomato, napa cabbage and cucumber.

Snack: Protien bar

Dinner: Grilled Tequila Lime Turkey Tenderloin, homemade corn tortilla chips (8 chips total for each of us) over a salad of napa cabbage, salsa, FF cheddar cheese, black beans, cilantro and bell pepper.

***To make your own healthier tortilla chips, buy 6 inch corn tortillas. Use a pizza cutter to cut them into 4 triangles. Lay them out on a cookie sheet in single layer and spray lightly with Pam. Sprinkle with salt. Bake until cripsy at 350 degrees. YUM! 12 chips counts as 1 serving of carb.

Snack/Dessert (before our hour-long workout) : 2 stalks of celery with natural peanut butter, 4 mini rice cakes.

No comments: