Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Day 18

Wow! I can't believe we are already on Day 18. It really seems like we just started this a few days ago!
Today went Great! I have had an OVERabundance of energy today. It's like everything yesterday was missing...I got back today. Weird!
We got up at 4:45 am to do Legs & Back this morning but saved ARX for tonight (which we just got done doing). This evening, we had planned to take the kids out somewhere...maybe a movie or a rodeo or bowling..but instead we ended up staying home and playing baseball and tag and doing cartwheels all over. I can't believe it...but I can still do a pretty decent cartwheel! It's only been--oh...probably 15 years since I've done any! Anyhow, after all that fun, Matt turned on the radio in his truck and we boogy-ied like no-ones business! I'm talking---we were GETTIN' DOWN! Brooklyn has some GREAT dance moves and I was pretty much just trying to copy her! She has definitely got the rhythm in this family! We probably danced hard and strong for a good 30-45 minutes. I was pooped when that was over...well for a few minutes and then I was ready to go again. I'm telling ya, I don't know what's gotten into me today. Maybe it's the Diet Cranberry Limeade I got at Sonic this afternoon? Maybe there was a shot of something *stronger* in there!? I know I might as well have been drunk tonight because I danced my booty off and I'm sure the neighbors thought I was NUTSO! I was laughing so hard I almost fell on the ground several times. Plus, it didn't help that I was picking the kids up and spinning around with them in circles until neither of us could walk anymore. All I know is that is the most fun and the most I have laughed in a looooong time. If only there were more of those kinds of nights.
Anyhow, we also did pretty good on our eating too. This was our menu for today:

Breakfast:
Whole wheat english muffin, egg white, FF cheese, turkey sausage with recovery drink (1 scoop)

Snack: 1/2 of a Peak Performance Protien bar, water

Lunch: Left overs from last nights dinner. YUMMMO!

Snack: Other half of the protien bar, Diet Cranberry Limeade from Sonic. YUMMMO!

Dinner: Egg-white omlet (bell pepper, onion, tomato, cheese) with 3 turkey bacon, 2 slices of light whole wheat toast with water.

Snack/dessert: After we finished dinner, I was totally NOT satisfied, so I ate 1 cup of Kashi honey almond flax cereal with a banana and skim milk. After that I was good to go.
Drank LOTS of water today.

No comments: