Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Day 14

Happy Mother's Day!
This morning was a bit rush-rush to get out the door and to church on time...so I just grabbed a protien bar, banana and a bottle of water and ate on the way. After church, my dad grilled pork chops and chicken breast. Mom made broccoli/cauliflower, baked potatoes and macaroni salad. I brought a big green salad. We did pretty good. Neither of us ate any potato...but we did have a SMALL spoon of macaroni salad each. We mostly just filled up on chicken and veggies and salad. (I did eat a 120 calorie Slim-Fast snack bar for dessert). After that we came home and worked on some projects around the house. Then tonight I made us some veggie burgers (Morning Star brand) and some protien smoothie's for dinner. We were really surprised at how good the burgers were! Even the kids both ate one! wow!
After that, Matt hung a new ceiling fan in my office (which is right above me right now---feels WONDERFUL) and while he did that, I did the P90X Cardio dvd. That was my first time to do that one and it felt great! I think that may be my favorite dvd so far. I like how it's a variation of all the others...with about 10 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of kenpo, 10 minutes of plyometrics and then 10 minutes of core. I think I might try to add that in on the days we do weights so that I get cardio every day and not just every other day. I believe if I do that...I will be doing P90X DOUBLES version instead of the CLASSIC version which is what we are doing now. There is also a LEAN version where I think you cut out the weight lifting or something. Anyway, I figure the more workouts I can get myself to do...the better and the faster I will be "ripped" and in shape for swimsuit season! (which is JUST around the corner!!) The public pools open in 2 weeks!! AUGH!
I cant believe we are about to start our 3rd week of this! It seems like just yesterday we were starting it!
Well, tomorrow is weigh-in day! I am a little nervous about it this time. I feel like I've done not-so-good this weekend. It's not that I've done BAD...but I just haven't been nearly as strict as I am during the week. I feel like I might have gained a pound or two...!?!?! I guess tomorrow will tell.
I know I posted a little differently today. I actually forgot all about breaking it up into breakfast, snack, lunch, dinner paragraphs until just now...so oh well. Back to the "normal" way tomorrow I guess!
Hope you all had a good Mother's Day. My hubby and kids did SO good this year. They got me some CUTE Nike Camo work out capris, some Skechers tennis shoes for chillaxin in and some 10 lb. dumbbells which I desperately needed for the weight training. Hooray!!




I will leave you with a pic of me and my kiddos from this morning before church.

No comments: