Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Monday, May 26, 2008

*Skip*

Okay...since today was Memorial Day and we were out on our new boat from sun-up till sun-down....we are not counting today as an actual "day". We ate fairly good until dinner when we had grilled burgers and fries with my mom and dad. We tried to do decent even then by only having mustard (no mayo) and we halfed a bun---meaning we ate an open-faced burger. We ate about 1/4 as many fries as we normally would have...but still...that was NOT on our diet!
Anyway, tomorrow will be back in the saddle. I believe we will be doing Shoulders, Arms & Triceps along with ARX tomorrow. (plus Tuesday is my normal gym day when I do my cardio/core class). It'll be a good jumpstart to Phase 2.
I feel like I've really let myself (and probably you guys) down these past few days...but now all I can do is look back and learn. It's too late to un-do all those meals. I'm paying the price for them...I feel bloated as a puffer-tick and I have about 4 zits and I NEVER get zits. Probably only had a handful in my entire life...and now I have 4 at one time!! My body is probably screaming at me for eating like this after 20-something days of eating only natural, healthy food.
Well, I am excited and ready for tomorrow to get here --with the exception of the million things I have to do--like mountains of laundry, bills to pay, work for the dr. office to catch up on, dishes in the sink, a dirty house to clean, groceries to buy...AND I'm gonna have the kids home with me 24/7 now that school is out. Whew! That stresses me out just reading it all. Maybe I should see how I could distribute all that between this whole week instead of trying to fit it all into tomorrow.
Okay...it's off to bed..to watch a few minutes of American Gladiator before I drift off. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Kate said...

we all have "skip" days - just had a few myself. The important thing is 'today' and how you are going to attack today. Keep it up Jen - you and Matt are doing great! I am SO proud of you! You really are motivating me to keep going when I think I don't want to.