Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Friday, May 30, 2008

If there was any ever doubt...

whether or not this program works....you should just take a look at my hot hubby! He has gone from 200 pounds to 186 in a little over a month!! FOURTEEN POUNDS! This is purely from P90X---doing the work outs and eating what it says in the nutritional guide. His pants are practically falling off of him now (woohoo!!) and I can see the muscles beginning to bulge in his back, chest and shoulders!
I know the only part we can see is the superficial part...the exterior...but just IMAGINE what he is doing for his body on the inside!! He is adding YEARS to his life! And...hey, he's pretty easy on the eyes too! I feel like I am becoming more attracted to him with every passing day. Not just because of how he is looking, but I can see a man who is full of dedication and perserverance. A man who loves and cares enough about his family to take good care of himself and be the leader that we need him to be. What's more sexy than that? This is a man, who after a long day of doing hard physical labor out in the hot sun all day, comes home---lights the grill and cooks our supper, helps me with the dishes (usually) and then goes against everything his body wants...and puts on his work out clothes to do his daily work out.
No wonder I married him!
I know this is getting mushy---and I really wasn't intending to do that...but I don't say it enough---I LOVE THIS MAN! and I am SO LUCKY to be his wife!
We really are proof that love GROWS. Yes, we were "in love" way back in the beginning, but NOTHING in those early years compares to what we have now. We are ONE FLESH. We can't stand to be without each other for 1 day. How many couples can say that after 10+ yrs. of marriage? I know a few (go KC!) but for the most part, I think this kind of love and relationship is rare these days. I am so proud to be a living example of what God meant for marriage to be!

No comments: