Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Day 11

Matt had to work all night last night and didn't get home until 7 am this morning (yes, he worked for 24 hours straight!!!) Needless to say, he didn't get to do his P90x work out yesterday. So this morning when he got home, he went to bed and I went to the gym. I did 20 min. on the elliptical, jogged half a mile and then did some weight. I did 17 chin-ups using the machine that assists by lightening your weight. It was tough....but it felt good to pull myself all the way up that many times. At home we have a chin up bar, but I have to put one foot on a chair to help me up. Anyway, after that, I did a 45 minute core/cardio class. Later in the day when Matt had woke up, we attempted to do our Yoga video for today. We lasted about 40 minutes and then we both decided to "be done." The whole dvd is actually a hour and 32 minutes long...which seems like FOREVER when you have a hundred other things to be doing. I think I know why Yoga isn't working for me Kandy....2 reasons. #1-I'm doing it at home which means the kids are hollering at me every 2 seconds and running into me and that makes it IMPOSSIBLE to focus and #2--I always try to do it in the middle of the day--usually around dinner time--when I have a million other things I need to be doing and it just ends up feeling like a HUGE waste of time--all that breathing and stretching and holding and I can't clear my head---I just keep thinking of all the other things I could be doing. Anyway, I think I could actually like it if I did it somewhere besides home.
Anyway, while I cleaned house this evening, Matt played catch up and did the Shoulders & Arms DVD from yesterday. His arms are really getting big fast. Course, we only have a couple of weights to choose from right now...and pretty much they are either too light (5 lbs) or too heavy (25 lbs) for a lot of the exercises. He always uses the big ones....so he's bulking up fast.
Our diet has been a mess today...but here's what we did:

Breakfast:
Matt ate out for breakfast (bacon, egg and cheese sandwich and OJ)
I had the "usual"--eggwhite scramble with FF mozerrela cheese, 2 slices turkey bacon and OJ.

Snack: Protien bar & Banana

Lunch at 3 pm: Spinach & Asiago Chicken sausage on 1 slice light whole wheat bread with mustard. Then protien bar and banana.

Dinner/evening snack: 2 oz. dried fruit, baby carrots and pepper slices in light Ranch, 1 corn tortilla wrap with chicken & organic salsa, 2 mini-rice cakes.

I have no idea if we ate badly or not today. It was such a mess. I know neither Matt or I ever did feel very satisfied. All evening long we were looking for something to eat. We did do a lot of (healthy) snacking but we didn't actually eat "dinner" so I don't think we messed up too much..!!?
Anyhow, now it's 11 pm and I am SOOO tired. Goodnight!

No comments: