Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Day 29

Hey, what a coincidence! We are on day 29 on the 29th! Cool! (ha ha)
Anyhow, it's been a busy day...but good. I got up this morning and went to the gym for my "normal" class. But today it was anything BUT normal. I swear...this teacher of mine...she is Tony Horton's perfect match! P90X had NOTHIN on the work out I did with her today! GEEPERS! It was TOUGH! 3 rounds of interval training consisting of 2 minutes of cardio, 2 minutes of plyometrics, 2 minutes of core...then repeat. Then onto round 2 and so on. After all that, we did about 15 minutes of weights and abs. Whew!
Just now, Matt and I finished doing our P90X workout which was Back & Biceps w/ ARX. Let me just say...we felt the BURN! Yeeow!!
Eating today was good at home...but for lunch we had Micky-D's!! (We had 3 free sandwich coupons and it was cheap happy meal day--so our whole meal (all 4 of us) cost $5.26!!)
Here's what we ate:
Breakfast: Protien bar & Banana (on the way to the gym)

Snack: 1/2 Peak Performance meal replacement bar

Lunch: Fish o' filet sandwhich from McDonalds MINUS the bun and tartar sauce--we ate ONLY the fish. We also halved 1 chicken sandwhich (no mayo and only half the bun) and each had a fruit & Yogurt Parfait.

Snack: Small bowl of sliced peaches, 1 stalk celery with natural peanut butter

Dinner: Grilled Salmon, stir fry veggies

Dessert/Snack: 2 Blueberry muffins from Thin Kitchens Recipe book. (made with wheat flour, wheat germ, flax seed, shredded apples, blueberries, egg whites....Very healthy).

2 comments:

KC said...

Those muffins sound healthy and delish! Can you share the recipe with us, pretty please? :)

Kate said...

You mentioned Tony Horton - is P90X a Beachbody workout? I have the Slim in 6 DVDs and he's on there w/ his AbRipper routine. Still use it today.

Your instructor's training style sound a lot like Jillian - intervals, intervals, intervals, and no break in between. It feels so good though, when you're done and really feel like you accomplished something, doesn't it? Keep it up. And please share the muffin recipe