Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day 16

Ahhh..back on track finally!
We waited until after Matt got home from work to do our work out today. It was shoulders and arms. Boy, I sure could tell the difference this time since I was using my new 10 lb. dumbells and not just my little ole 5 pounders! I could hardly do the straight-arm raises to the front or side! It felt good to feel the "burn" though. Anyhow, we didn't do the Ab Ripper tonight because it was going on 7 pm when we got done with the first video and the kids were WAY past ready for dinner (and so were we) so we are going to get up in the morning and do it along with tomorrow's work out.
We ate pretty good today. Here's what we had:
Breakfast:
Matt-eggwhite scramble with FF mozerella cheese, 3 turkey bacon, fresh pineapple.
Me-1 cup Kashi Honey Almond Flax cereal with skim milk and banana.

Snack:
Matt-30 pistachios
Me-Light String cheese

Lunch:
Matt-2 slices light whole wheat bread with Dijon mustard and left over turkey filet, baby carrots, apple with 2 tbs. natural peanut butter.
Me-Left over Turkey filet mignon, fresh pineapple

Snack: Protien bar & banana

Dinner: Teryaki chicken with green onions, pineapple and bean sprouts, green salad with Asian Toasted Seseme dressing. YUM!! Mandarin oranges.
Dessert:
Matt-Apple & Banana slices with natural peanut butter
Me-1 slice light whole wheat toast with 100% natural fruit preserves

We probably ate too many carbs today...!!??? but oh well, we're REALLY trying and I have the hardest time figuring out what's too many. It says we get 1 serving of carb a day...but what does that mean? How many grams are we allowed? I have no idea. I figure the least we can possibly manage...the better. But then, I JUST found out that fruit has carbs!!!??? What? I thought carbs was potato, bread and pasta...but fruit?? Great! Just Great!

1 comment:

Kate said...

lol - are you getting sick of those egg white scrambles yet? just kidding.

as for a serving of grains/carbs/starch, check out http://www.mypyramid.gov/

It will show you what a serving size is for each particular food group. Usually i just go by the serving size that's listed on the product, so if 2 slices of bread is one serving, then that fulfills one serving of grains for me. I try to keep my grains to 1-2 servings a day - and whole grains.

Hope this helps. Your blog really has me thinking a lot about what I've been eating and you've given me some good new ideas to incorporate. Thanks!