Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

M. I. A.

Has anyone missed my daily posts? Or has anyone even noticed I've been gone? Well, I've been M.I.A. (missing in action) this past week. We only managed to do our P90X work out once--Plyometrics on Tuesday night. There is no real good excuse, other than we are just experiencing "burn out." I have been still sticking to my workouts at the gym (2 hours on Tue, Thur & Sat) but for Matt...it's hard for him to come home from work, immediately change into work out clothes--do an hour and 15 min. work out--take a shower, eat dinner, and THEN finally he can relax. This week, we just decided to take it easy after work each day and enjoy some family time. Even though it wasn't good for our "diet"...I think it was definitely the right decision for us. Since we did P90X once already, then semi-did it again and now have started again for a third time...it feels like there has been pressure to work out every day for nearly a year now. Sometimes, you just need to allow yourself some time off. (or at least I do). I definitely have the tendency to over-do stuff--especially when it comes to working out. Like today, I did a 1 hour kick boxing class, a 1 hour Zumba class and a 15 minute power-abs class. I ended up burning 920 calories and afterwards I was actually bummed that there weren't any more classes. I could have (and wanted to) keep going and going and going!
So, on Monday it will be back to work--P90X style. I hope the rest of you P90x'ers are doing better than we are! It really is important to stick to it as much as possible for the first 90 days--if you want to have the kind of results they boast about. If I could just remind myself of that---and of what I could look like this summer if I'll get really serious about this--I'd be so much more motivated!
Okay, time for me to get some sleep. I get to teach the 4 year olds at church tomorrow so I'm sure I'm gonna need to be rested up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That my biggest problem..finding time and energy and I've only been at it 3 weeks! You guys are obviously doing great sticking to a fitness routine. You hold yourselves accountable if you miss a workout and make it up in other ways. Keep up the good work and this blog. Its definitely a good motivation tool, for me at least.

KC said...

Sorry Jen, I hadn't noticed. I've been so swamped the past few weeks, I'm sorry to admit that I hadn't even checked the blog this week. Sorry girl.
Sounds like you just needed a break to re-focus. We all need that from time to time. I've had about 2 weeks off myself (which I never do) but my body and mind really needed it. I'm ready to get focused on my workouts and nutrition again, full force. :)

KC said...

are you still M.I.A.???? It's monday....how was your weekend?