Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Day 15

Okay, we're BACK! Last week was a much needed break, but it's time to BRING IT again! And not just the work outs--the nutrition too!
Today went pretty well as far as eating goes and we did do Chest & Back last night when Matt got home from work. We skipped Ab Ripper though because both of us got very nauseated last night. We both upped our weights and reps last night so we were pushing really hard. We would do push ups or pull ups until we could go no more. Then we'd rest for a few seconds and then knock another couple out. For Matt, he would do as many pull ups as he could and then use the chair to get a few more. I've gotten to where I can do 1 chin up without the chair on the close grip under handed chin ups but on the rest, I need my chair. I can't figure out why I'm not progressing in that area more quickly. These girls on the videos can do like 10 on their own. I keep up with them on everything else...but when it comes to the chin ups/pull ups...I guess I am just weaker. (UGH! I HATE admitting that..!!)
It's kind of funny, but on these videos when the girls say how many reps they are going to do. If I'm thinking "I'll do 20" and Maureen or Drea say they're gonna do 30 (or thutty as Maureen would say) I think to my self "Grrr....Guess I'm doing 30 because no way is SHE gonna outdo ME!" ha ha ha Who knew I was so competative? :o)
Anyway, by the time we had finished this work out, I was burping and swallowing hard and feeling very much like I was about to lose my lunch and Matt said he had to sit down for a few minutes before he could even get in the shower because he was so nauseous. But again...I'm weird, I know...but I like working out that hard. If I work out to the point of feeling sick...then I know I've really pushed myself.
For breakfast yesterday (7 am) we had Kashi Go Lean oatmeal with a little raisins and walnuts mixed in and some coffee for Matt/ hot chocolate with a teeny bit of coffee mixed in for me.
For "snack" I stole a couple of bites of scrambled eggs off Grant's plate. (9 am) and then a few bites of his chicken tender at lunch (12 noon).
For lunch (1:30 pm) I had a big bowl of salad with light Ranch, Kashi crackers and a turkey burger patty with 1/2 slice cheddar on top (no bun).
For "snack" (4 pm) I had a protien bar (130 cal) and a small banana.
For dinner (7 pm) we had our Block party stew with 1 piece of cornbread.
For dessert (8 pm) we each had 1 low-fat brownie with 1/2 c. Edy's light ice cream!! (bad, I know...but we had to finish them off and get them out of the house! Now they're gone...so no more slip-ups!)

1 comment:

Kim said...

That's awesome about the pull-ups! I cannot do even one half of one by myself - I have to use the chair for all of them. Hopefully by the end of my 90 days I'll be able to do 5. That's my goal! Your stew looks great, and I did notice you were MIA last week!