Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 18

T. G. I .F! This has been a long week --at home for 4 straight days--with the kids (no gym classes). I'm glad the weekend is on the horizon! Today was Legs & Back. It was tougher than I remembered (I had forgotten about all the pull-ups!) and by the time we got to the chair saluations, sweat was dripping like a leaky faucet off the tip of my nose. According to my HRM I burned 280 calories which is pretty high considering this is not a cardio work out. Anyhow, I ate light all day and I feel really good about that. So good, in fact, that I decided to jump on the scale. Dang the scale. It said 134. Not that 134 is anything to be sad about...I remember this time last year thinking "If I can just get down to 135, I'll be happy". BUT...that goal has changed and now I'm repeating the mantra "If I can just get down to 125, I'll be happy". I was really hoping I'd be at 132 or below by now. Oh well...I know the number on the scale isn't the real "judge" anyway. I can definitely tell by my body that I am shaping up. My stomach is flatter and getting more definition all the time. My clothes are fitting better and I am just feeling "thinner". Eventually, the scale will have to reflect these changes. It just has to. :O)

Oh and by the way, Demi--the movie Fireproof was great! Totally worth renting! A little over-the-top dramatic we thought...but still....an excellent movie nonetheless!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome, we might make it apart of our weekend date night!

Aren't pull/ups crazy??!! Somedays I can do them, and some days I can't. But man oh man, do they work!!

Have a great Saturday :)

Kate said...

Is that at the video store already? Great! I've been waiting to see it.

Sounds like a good workout. Enjoy the weekend~

KC said...

Good job on your workout.
Can't wait to see that movie, everyone I've talked to loved it. :)