Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Day 19

Saturday, my favorite day! I have really been enjoying my classes at the gym on Saturday mornings again. I had quit going for a while because I hated that it was taking away from our family time. But right now while it's SOOO cold outside and there's not a lot to do around here, I'm back at it and I'm LOVIN' it!
Today was 1 hr. kickboxing, 1 hr. Zumba and 15 minutes power abs. It's a grueling 2 1/4 hours...but I eat up every second of it! I'm pretty good at all of it, which helps me to push even harder. I am pleasantly surprised at how high and hard my kicks are. I can tell my balance has really improved since doing P90X. We have the kind of bags now that are held up by sand bases (instead of hanging bags) and I'm kicking hard enough that after a few kicks, I have to pull the bag back over to my spot! Then in Zumba, I have really gotten confident--always the one to do the highest possible intensity and the lowest possible squats. It feels good to know that I'm encouraging others to push harder. I have people tell me almost every time that they like to stand by me because they feed off my energy. I honestly don't know where I get it...but when I'm in a group fitness setting, my intensity level sky rockets. I just refuse to let ANYONE outdo me. I burned 843 cal. according to my HRM today. Not too shabby...but I will admit, we stopped at Krispy Kreme this afternoon and I had a hot glazed doughnut right off the conveyor belt. YUM! It was sooooooo good!
Anyhow, I gotta get off here. My mom and dad are over right now and I need to go visit! Love ya'll! hope you're having a great weekend!

3 comments:

Faith | Family | Fitness said...

Krispy Kreme... my mouth is watering. Glad to hear you're "bringing it" in everything you do! I used to do Zumba and loved, loved, loved it. I'll go back eventually I think once this 90 day torture fest is over. Ha!

KC said...

Congrats Jen. Sounds like you had a wonderful Saturday....and Wow! Way to go on buring those calories! That's awesome!!!

We spent most of the day at Basketball games, and then I went to work. Nothing note worthy, but we did have a great 'family night' that evening.
Then Sunday was absolutely WONDERFUL! I got a great workout in at the track, in beautiful, Sunny, 70 degree weather! Woo-Hoo! Perfect Day!

Kate said...

I'm so glad they closed the Krispie Kreme's in Chicagoland! those things are so darn good . . .

Nothing new on my end - haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks since I've been sick. Hoping to get in some cardio today but I'll see how I feel when I get home. ::frustrated::