Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Days 5, 6 & 7

Okay, you want the good or the bad first?
Friday was bad. No work out AND we went out for pizza and I ate FIVE peices! Gulp! They were thin crust, veggie toppings and not terribly big...does that help? :)
That being said, I woke up Saturday morning with a little extra pep in my step--knowing that I had some major damage control to do! I headed off to the gym about 15 minutes after I woke up and worked out as long as they would let me (kids can only stay in the daycare for 2 hours). I did a hour long interval class, a 45-minute kickboxing class and then 30 minutes of Zumba. I was actually 15 min. late getting the kids from the daycare--but I had checked beforehand with the girls running it and they said they didn't care--so that's why I stayed for Zumba. Anyway, in all, I worked out for 2 hours and 13 minutes and I burned 960 calories! yay! (Matt did P90X Legs & Back that afternoon.) I also ate very good that day--until we took Brooklyn to The Melting Pot for her birthday for chocolate fondue. Then I had about 3 chocolate covered strawberries, 1/2 a slice of cheesecake and a couple of banana slices.
Sunday, today, is Brooklyn's 8th birthday. I knew eating healthy was going to be challenging today. I ended up having a small bowl of raisin bran for breakfast. We went out for lunch and I ordered the Sirloin Kabob with fresh steamed veggies and brown rice. I think my dinner was actually very healthy and I felt great about that. BUT THEN we came home and had cake and ice cream. It was delicious and I probably overdid it a teensy bit...but still, I resisted the urge to have another peice tonight before bed...so I feel victorious nonetheless.
I probably didn't lose any weight this weekend...but I don't think I gained either. I'm just so glad I went to the gym Saturday and got at least ONE good work out in. Tomorrow is a new day and I'll be poppin' in the P90X videos again!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am jealous - I love The Melting Pot! We were going to go for Valentine's Day but we'd only be halfway through the first 90 days so thought we might hold off and celebrate once we were done!