Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 3

Bad, bad, bad. That's all I have to say about today. I messed up by not planning out my meals appropriately. I ran errands most of the day and even though I did grab a protein bar and a bottle of water on my way out the door, it wasn't enough to sustain me all day, so I made some less-than-perfect choices. Still, at LEAST I pushed past the soreness and my lack of motivation and did my P90X work outs plus 20 extra minutes on the elliptical while watching the last bit of Biggest Loser that I couldn't stay awake for last night.
I didn't even write down my food journal today...but I can tell you this:
For breakfast I had 2 egg whites, 1 light WW toast and 1 turkey sausage patty w/ water.
For "snack" I had a small handful of dark chocolate covered plums.
For lunch, I halved a slice of pizza with Grant at Sams club.
Came home for a few minutes in between errands and ate 1/2 c. chicken salad (made from recipe in P90X nutrition guide) with Kashi 7-grain crackers.
For my next "snack" I ate my protein bar & water.
For "dinner" at 4:30 pm while I was at my mom's house, I had a ;Diet Coke and ate a big ole slice of supreme pizza that was left over from Sunday! Argh!! Then I ate 3-4 bites of banana cake.
Next I came home and did the P90X Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper X videos. After that, I jumped on the elliptical for 20 minutes. In all, according to my HRM, I only burned 293 calories. That doesn't seem like very much for working out for an hour and a half! But then, I hardly even worked up a sweat, so I guess I can't expect much.
At least I know tomorrow is back to the gym for me and I'll get a good cardio work out then for SURE. 2 solid hours of jumping, squatting and lunges! Yee Haw! :)
By the way, speaking of Biggest Loser. I do not like this whole "one person from each team goes home" thing at ALL. Geez...they just got there and already we're sending them home expecting them to make progress by themselves--without their best friend? Could they have possibly have learned enough in that short period of time to be able to be succesful? I doubt it. I will REALLY be surprised if Laura makes any progress. She's already under my skin. I especially like the yellow girls...the sisters Mandi and Aubrey.
Okay, well, I better get to bed. I have to get up super early (5 am) tomorrow to get my work done before I go to the gym! Goodnight!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hi! Can I ask about your meal planning? We've been planning a week at a time but it's difficult because I'm a vegetarian and we have two kids who aren't really keen on what we're eating, so some days we end up making three dinners! How do you guys plan your meals? Thanks for the advice and keep up the great work!