Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 16

Here is my thought for the day: I really wish I could just exercise all the time and not have to worry about the nutrition part.
I love my food. Especially my dessert. I'm fairly certain that is precisely what is keeping me from my 6-pack abs and buns of steel.
Somehow when I am holding a bowl of gooey-yummy-sweet goodness in my hands--all my reasoning flies out the window and I'm left thinking, "oh well, it's worth it" or "I'll just work out extra hard next time" or "I'll skip a meal later"...ANYTHING to justify swallowing down 500 calories in 5 minutes.
Today I worked out like a machine! I did 60 minutes on the elliptical while watching The Bachelor that I had dvr'd from Monday night. Then tonight I did Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper. I think I put in about 2 hrs. and 15 minutes....and that doesn't even count all the running around and playing in the snow/ice I did with the kids earlier today.
Sounds good, right....BUT...I also made banana cake today with our overly-ripe bananas. Then tonight (since the kids don't really love the banana cake) I made them chocolate chip cookies. THEN Matt got home from work and wanted eggs and biscuits...so I made him a few biscuits and used the rest of them to make sugar donuts. I ate some of all 3 of these desserts! EEEeeek!
For breakfast today, I made the kids biscuits & gravy with turkey sausage and scrambled eggs. I ate mostly eggs and a little bit of the b & g w/ sausage.
For lunch I had my WONDERFUL Progresso Light Sante Fe Chicken soup (160 cal), a few tortilla chips and a piece of banana cake.
For snack I had 1 slice of cheddar cheese with 10 Kashi crackers.
For dinner, since Matt was working, I just ate a bowl of raisin bran cereal with skim milk.
Then I had 1 of the sugar donuts and 2 little chocolate chip cookies!!!
See what I mean? I didn't get nearly enough fruits and veggies or protein today--and way too many sweets and carbs. AND...that was with me having some restraint!! I would have liked to have more cookies tonight!
Anyway, I have to tell Christina that I did it! I took your accomplishment and used it as my inspriation and I did ALL 50 MASON TWISTS WITH MY FEET UP! First time ever and I really didn't think I could do it...but once I heard you had done it, I decided I was going to do it even if it kiled me! ha ha And looky there---I could do it after all! Makes me wonder how often I don't push myself as hard as I could. Tonight for the shoulders & arms work out, I did almost all of the reps using 15 lb. weights. I usually use 10's but I decided to push a little harder and see if I could do the 15's. It was harder, but totally doable. I was still able to get 15 reps on each one. On the tripcep kickbacks, I did use 10's though.
Okay, well, I'm getting sleepy, and with all this working out, I know I need my rest. G'night!

4 comments:

that70sgrl said...

:) good on ya for pushing harder with the Shoulders n' Arms! I find it's the hardest workout to gauge if I'm working hard enough. I did find it helpful to write down my weights and reps though.
Anyway... I hear ya on the sweets but honestly... isn't that why we work out? So we CAN indulge sometimes? Balance right? :) I have a hard time with it too but there's no way I'd give up my chocochip cookies!! *not permanently anyway :) *

Unknown said...

Thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog! I am enjoying your blog too, and, I can tell we are very much alike, :).

I know what worked for me on the whole dessert thing(because anyone that knows me, knows I'm obsessed with chocolate and icecream..seriously, I think it's a problem, haha!), I just had to give it up all together. I know that's harsh, but it goes back to the whole, "go hard, or go home" deal. It's soooooo hard, but you know what, when I am even making food that I can't eat for my kids, I just look at it in disgust! So wierd, right?! It's a mental thing, I guess. And when I go out, all I have to say to friends is "I'm not doing dessert right now." And they get it. My favorite sub-Agave nectar. I pour a tsp. on my strawberries, or in my shakes. It's actually 200 times sweeter than sugar with a fraction of the actual sugar and carbs. Good stuff!! I'm giving my self 1 week of eating whatever in between p90x and the plus program, so Im looking forward to that. But after..it's BRINGING IT, time! In the kitchen, AND the mat! :)

Again, thanks for writing me! Lets keep in touch!

Unknown said...

And YOU my friend, are looking GREAT!!

Faith | Family | Fitness said...

Way to go girlie! Show those Mason Twists who's boss! I'm struggling with the nutrition part of this as well. It's not even that I'm hungry or feel deprived, I just miss eating garbage! I want some yummy, gooey goodness right now. If someone came prancing in here with a boatload of tempting food like on the Biggest Loser, I would totally eat and eat and eat. My will power is hanging on by a thread. Ugh.