Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day 4

Today was soooo much better! I started off the day with 2 classes at the gym (in lieu of P90X Yoga). I did a 45 minute cardio class and then a 45 minute interval class. I think that second class was the hardest workout I've ever done. We did 2 minutes of weights, 2 minutes of squats/lunges and 1 minute of HARD cardio without anything more than 5 seconds in between. I was practically heaving by the time it was over and my face was blood red. It was miserable and amazing and fabulous all at the same time! ha ha (you hard-core fitness addicts will know what I mean!)
Anyway, I also did pretty well on my eating today too.

Breakfast - 7 am- +200 cal
2 egg whites with chopped pepper, onion & tomato, 1 light WW toast, 1 turkey sausage, water

Work out at the gym -9 am - -783 calories

Lunch - 12:30 pm - +400 calories
Green salad, bowl of veggie soup, big peice of banana cake :o(

Snack - 4 pm - +100 calories
Cherry yogurt cup

Dinner - 7 pm - +350 calories
Garlic mozerrella chicken sausage, Sugar free hotdog bun, vegetarian baked beans, green salad

Snack - 9:30 pm - +100 calories
1/2 banana, 8 Plum Sweets

Hey Kim,
About your question--meal planning. I pretty much try to stick to what the nutrition guide suggests we eat for the most part. However, I also have 2 kids who are NOT into healthy eating (yet!) so I usually try to make at least one extra thing I know they'll like. (mac-n-cheese, chicken nuggets, pizza, chips) They're pretty good about eating whatever meat we eat (unless it's fish). We make them have a small bite of everything on the table though--even though we know they won't like it. They know thats the rule, so they pretty much don't fight us on it anymore. At every meal we pretty much have a high-protien, low fat meat choice, a veggie or two and a salad. Fruit or protien shake for dessert. It gets old for sure...but it's the easiest, healthiest way. I bet it's really complicated though being a vegetarian. How do you get your protien in?
I don't know if I helped you any or not...but if there is anything specific you want to know, please ask! Also, if you're a member at BeachBody, you can go onto their website and access their recipes. There are some really helpful tips on there. I don't know how I would have gotten through the meal planning without that site (and the Thin Kitchens with Danny Teason) in those early days when we first started out. Good luck and keep pushing play! :o)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thanks! I've been getting protein with egg whites, tofu, and beans. I just bought some protein powder and am going to make some butternut squash and vegetable soup tonight. I have been drinking protein shakes, too, but the way they smell is a little disturbing to me! I did make the zucchini fries from the Thin Kitchen site and they were pretty good! Thanks for the advice! One week down!!