Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day 16

It's been a long day! We got iced over all through the evening hours and all night long last night so we woke up to a solid white blanket covering everything this morning--which meant school was out AND my classes at the gym were cancelled. Ugh! I love, love, love my classes at the gym and I can really tell when I miss one or two...my motivation level starts sinking. But, nevertheless, I got up today, put on my sneakers and pounded out 58 minutes of plyometrics AND I threw in Ab Ripper too since I missed it last night. My HRM registered 376 calories...but that actually seems on the low side to me-for as hard as I was working during that plyo video. I'm wondering if my battery might be low. I've noticed that my HR reading is lower than usual lately AND it doesn't beep when I push the buttons anymore...??? hmmmm...I'll have to check on that.
Anyway, I was really proud of myself for getting my work out in early today and then planning out a healthy meal for our dinner.
For breakfast (7am) we had Kashi Go Lean oatmeal with a few raisins and walnuts mixed in and hot chocolate/coffee to drink.
For lunch (11:30 am) I had 1 turkey burger with 1 slice of cheddar cheese melted on top and a small (3/4 c.) bowl of my left over block party stew. I wasn't quite satisfied after that, so I had a small banana and small (kid size) protein bar (140 cal).
For snack (4 pm) I shared some apples with the kids and a few Kashi crackers w/ cheese.
For dinner (6 pm) we had whole grain brown rice with onions, carrots and peas in it, a 4 oz. filet of baked tilapia, a green salad, mixed veggies and a small (2 x 2) piece of cornbread.
For dessert (8 pm) we had a bowl of Edy's light icecream. Probably a cup each so that's not great, but geee...if the stuff is in the house...we seem to keep eating it. Good thing it's almost gone!

As for Biggest Loser tonight....I loved this episode this time---but what a MAJOR BUMMER that Danny had to go home! I SOOO felt what Tara was saying to Dave. He just didn't realize what a enormous opportunity he was giving up on. I just hope they continue to exercise and eat healthier. They may not get "skinny and buff" as they said....but hopefully they'll at least get to a healthy, normal weight and be able to live normal lives. I was proud of Joelle this time for at least putting some effort forth. She certainly had a look of determination on her face when she was running on that treadmill tonight! As for the challenge--I hate those kinds of challenges. The person who wins really can't claim any victory. The only reason Helen won was because no one saw her as a big threat--and therefore didn't put footballs in her bin thingy. Who knows how many times she actually ran back and forth and how many footballs she actually contributed.... I hated to see the strong teams put out right away--it just didn't seem fair.
As for the chef dude and that little calorie guessing game...we played at home and were pretty much WAY off every time. I can't believe that after all these years of me being nutrition-conscious, that I still wasn't able to accurately guess the calories for those dishes! That's kind of scary considering I guesstimate calorie counts for some of the foods I eat! I sure could use a chef dude to come to my house and take me healthy-food shopping and teach me how to cook stuff!! I want one of those grill/panini maker things they used on there. It would be so nice to be able to "grill" food anytime instead of having to wait on or ask my hubby to do it all the time. Plus, we only use a charcoal grill (he doesn't like gas grills) and I can't seem to get the hang of using it. Anyway, that's my dish on BL for this week. Hey, did any of you notice that Jillian wasn't even in the show for like the first hour? It was just Bob. Weird.
Okay, as ridiculous as this is, (because it's only 9:34 pm) but I'm getting sleepy so I think I'll put this up and get to sleep. I would normally watch a little TV but our dumb satellite has been out ever since it started sleeting yesterday and so the only TV we can watch is the little 19" with rabbit ears that is in our guest bedroom. Oh well.....
Goodnight y'all!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Are you losing weight? If so, that could explain why the calories burned are fewer and fewer . . . just a guess.

I was sad to see Dan go, but something tells me that his partner (and possible Dan himself) aren't going ot have much success at home. I wonder how long that can keep the weight off. Dan seems a lot more motivated than his partner, but still. There's just something in his eyes that tells me he's not entirely committed to this. Hoepfully he'll prove me wrong. Tony and I were playing the calorie guessing game too - I was w/i 50 calories each time. But he kept telling me I lost b/c like the Price Is Right "you can't go over!" lol

I noticed the no Jillian for like half the show - no fun! I love to see her make people puke! lol Way to go for getting that workout in despite the elements. I haven't worked out in a week b/w vacation and being sick. Hopefully I'll be feeling better today so I can get back to it. Valentine's Day is not far off! loves ya :)