Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day 10

What a succesful day--in so many ways! I started out the day by getting my work for the dr. office done, then it was off to the elliptical machine for 62 minutes while I watched the rest of The Biggest Loser dvr'd from last night. Then a quick protien bar & banana before my shower. I spent the afternoon making phone calls and doing chores that I've been putting off for weeks and I finally can cross 2 BIG ONES off my list! YAY! After that Matt came home and we did Shoulders & Arms. Didn't have time for Ab Ripper because we have decided to start going to church again on Wednesday nights and we had to eat and get showered before we left for service. We actually intended to do it when we got home...but we hurried to get the kids in bed and then ourselves in bed...and forgot all about it. It's already 10:24 and we are just now sitting down in the bed. Whew! Anyway, I ended up burning a total of 678 calories today and got in 2 hours of workout (1 hr. cardio, 1 hr. weights) so I feel really good about today. I also ate good all day long and skipped out on carbs I would have normally had so I am satisfied with my efforts. Man it feels good to be able to say that!!
Today for breakfast I made us egg-white scrambles with tomato, onion and fresh parsley and a little of FF mozerella on top. Instead of toast, I had 2 turkey bacons and a small bowl of fresh fruit.
For "lunch" I had a Pure Protien bar (190 cal/ 20 g. protien) and a banana with water.
For "snack" I had 4 Plum Sweets and a small bowl of steamed carrots.
For dinner we had left overs from last night (turkey spaghetti, salad and peas tonight)
Right now..for "snack/dessert" I am having a small bowl of yogurt with fresh strawberries and slivered almonds mixed in.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am having a hard time with carbs so I know what you mean. They're my favorite and I am used to eating them in large quantities. I am so impressed with the amount of exercise you do daily. I don't think I'd have the energy!