Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jen's thought for today:

I need a friggin tanning bed ASAP!
okay, this ashy white skin has GOT to go. Being 10 pounds heavier than I want is bad enough, but being ghostly white with it is just unacceptable!
I usually use self-tanner in the winter time to take the "edge" off and give myself a little bit of "glow" but for some reason, this year, that's just not cuttin' it. I actually think the bottle of Dove Energy Glow I am using right now is defective. I am as white on my legs and face and arms (the places I put it) as I am on my tummy and back....so I think they forgot to put the tanning stuff in the lotion or something. Or maybe I've grown immune to it?? ha ha
Anyway, nevertheless, I have got to make a date with a tanning bed. Besides the jolt of "summer-feeling" it gives me, I'm ready to feel (and look) sexy in my undies again. Sweatshirts and jeans are all good (and believe me, I live in them) but its nice to look good in my sports bra and gym shorts too!
Now if I can just shut up the little voice in the back of my head that is telling me "you shouldn't be tanning--you have a possible skin cancer on your forehead". I know I should go to a dermatologist and get it checked out--it's a little crusty spot that won't go away right on my hairline on my forehead. But quite frankly, I'm so afraid he's gonna tell me I have to stay out of the sun (and tanning beds) and as ignorant as it is, I know I probably won't do it. I am just gross when I'm white. period. Just like I won't give up my highlights. I need them. If I am going to have any level of self confidence (in my physical appearance) I have to get in my work outs, have a decent tan and get my hair done. You girls can have your purses and shoes--you can have your pedicures and manicures and expensive make up. I just need those 3 things (and maybe a few cute outfits for when I actually get to leave the house).

3 comments:

Kate said...

please please please go get that spot checked. pretty please? i had a similar spot too on my chest and they ended up removing it. scary at the time, but so happy to have it gone. i agree w/ you on the need for a tan - I just feel lifeless w/o one. nothing feels as living in tanned and toned skin :)

KC said...

I'm with ya. we are getting a new tanning place in town, and when driving by yesterday I saw a sign that said "free tanning weekend: Feb 6-8" Woo-Hoo!!! Can't wait!
I've been using the sunless lotion to, but there is only so much color it can give, before looking all fake and weird...on my pasty white skin. Yikes!

But PLEASE go get that spot checked. If it is concerning to them, they will cut it off (which they numb first, so it doesn't hurt), and you will feel better, knowing it is gone. I had a dark odd shaped spot cut off of my side/bra line area a few years back. It came back as benign, but it was such a relief to have it gone and know that I was ok. Don't put it off any longer. Pick up the phone, and call a dermatologist right now, and make an appt. Now, Go, Do It! :) Love ya girlfriend.

Faith | Family | Fitness said...

Oooooh I used to love to go and lay in a tanning bed... I would call it my 20 minute Hawaii vacation. Usually, I would just fall asleep though. That was nice too!

Dear Jesus... please let the spot on Jen's skin be well, just a spot and give her the courage to get it checked! ~Amen