Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Well, there ya have it!

Spoken by my husband on the phone 2 minutes ago...."You just eat too much."
He's right though. I do. I eat good foods...healthy foods...but a LOT of food! I can EASILY eat as much as he does at a meal, sometimes more. I also work out more, which is probably why I weigh less. Anyway, I really do think this is my "golden key". The thing that is going to make me or break me. I have to learn to start eating smaller servings. Just because it's healthy-doesn't mean I can have bottomless portions--even of salad!
--{big sigh}--
This is gonna be tough.....
but at least I'm facing the truth and not playing dumb anymore.
But how are you supposed to know how much is enough? I don't stuff myself when I eat...I just eat till I'm full. Apparently I should eat till I'm almost full and give my stomach an opportunity to shrink or something.
I am so NOT looking forward to this....

**My new SHORT TERM goal is to be at 130 by the time I leave for vacation in 2 weeks. That means 5 pounds in 15 days! YEEK! That's gonna require some VERY strict eating habits and NO cheat days...but I know I can do it! Kandy, Candy and Kate---hold me to it girls!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably because I'm old, but I have introduced the miracle foods into my diet. But since I added flax and Soy into my diet I am full a lot more than before...

Good Luck Jen, its not just a 90 day thing, but a lifetime...

Kate said...

lol - my hubby and I eat exactly the same amounts and on some days, I eat more. What can I say, we girls have some healthy (?) appetites! The thing that really keeps me full throughout the day though, is 1) water, 2) fiber (grapes or Thomas' Light Multi-Grain english muffins have 8 grams of fiber in just one little muffin and only 100 calories) and lots of veggies piled high on a california burger.

As for my progress on our new goal - last night I took Santo on a very long walk. Then today I'm doing cardio and strength training since we've got nothing going on tonight, I can jumpstart the workouts TODAY! I'll also be walking at lunch.

Kate said...

oh, and I'm thinking of starting a blog to write about this "90 Days to Turkey Day" goal. I need another space to talk about fitness, eating, and wellness. I know you post most of your fitness talk here, but if you'd like to contribute with me, just let me know.

KC said...

I used to eat as much, if not more than my hubby to...before I lost weight. Now I eat about half of what he eats.
It helps if you drink a big glass of water before your meals, then make an effort to drink another whole large glass during your meal. You'll fill up quickly and eat a lot less. (plus your getting your water in). But fiber helps keep you full, so watch the nutrition information, and try to get more fiber in your diet. This has helped me a lot anyway...plus if you eat smaller amounts for a few days, your stomach will shrink and you'll feel full a lot quicker. Just go for "satisfied" instead of "full". Think of it this way, the first few bites are the best and most flavorful anyway...do you really need to eat all of it? You can actually be satisfied by eating only half...then save the next half for the next day. You know I'm here to help you. Call or e-mail me anytime!