Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Day 79

Well, it took every ounce of determination I could muster up, but I got my butt in gear and did Plyo tonight. Man, I really dread that work out. All day I've been thinking "ughhh...plyo tonight". Then after dinner and relaxing for a bit, the LAST thing on EARTH I wanted to do was go put on my work out clothes and jump around for a full hour...but I just CAN'T not do it anymore. I AM going to finish and I AM going to finish STRONG!
I ate very well today and I am proud of that. I resisted the urge to splurge on anything unhealthy (other than a couple of Doritos at lunch). For dinner tonight I made the oven-baked crunchy chicken recipe from the nutrition guide with some fresh green beans and carrots and natural-organic applesauce. Then we each had a peice of my banana-nut bread. It is the best stuff. I wish I had a calorie count for this recipe. I know it can't be very bad though. The whole thing only has 1/4 c. of brown sugar in it. It also has 3 ripe bananas, wheat flour, walnuts, light sour cream (or plain non-fat yogurt), 1 egg, baking soda and I think that's all. It's a GREAT way to get rid of your brown bananas and have a special treat too!
I did wear my HRM tonight and calculated my calories for Plyo. I came up with 370. Not too bad. Also earlier today I hand-washed my van outside in the 105 degree heat and then cleaned out the whole insides of it too. I was sweating like a hog...so maybe that burned a few calories too!?!
I have my pictures on Thursday (my *special* ones) and I am hoping to look my best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I've done Plyo twice and I think I could grow to love it. Right now it is one of my better calorie burns.

As far as continuing with the program, I will probably continue doing it in some fashion along with my bike riding of course...Along with some strength building, I have no plans to get muscles on the outer appearance just enough on the inside to be healthy.