Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Day 87

As usual on Saturdays (here lately) I slept in today (until 8:30 am!) and it felt Grrrrreat! Then it was up to cook a big breakfast (as usual for Saturdays). I made egg whites with ham, tomato, pepper and onion mixed in, french toast (whole wheat, of course!) and turkey bacon. It was YUM!!!
After that I did Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper. I LOVE that work out!!! It's probably one of my very favorite ones. I doubt its a very big calorie burner (I didn't wear my HRM) but still...it feels SO good to get such a pump going on in my biceps and triceps!
After a shower, me and my mom headed to town to do a little shopping. Actually...she wanted to go to JCP but I just wanted to (Finally) use my $50 gift card to Whole Foods. I can't believe how much I LOVED that store!! I don't care if it is expensive...I have to make a point to go there at least once every couple of months to splurge on some specialty items. I got veggie chips and fruit chips that are AMAZING! Also, the produce is picture perfect! Every single thing I bought was incredible (and I tasted almost every single thing on my way home! HA HA) I even got to "make" my own peanut butter!! You actually put the nuts in a grinder and push the button and out comes your peanut butter! I did "honey roasted peanuts" and I guarantee you--that is the best peanut butter I have EVER tasted!!
Anyway, I did AWFUL on my eating tonight. After sampling everything from the store, then we went to El Chico and I got Chicken Tortilla Soup....got very full. Then after that, I came home and ate a cookie from the WF store! Yikes! I am so stuffed right now and I'm fixing to go to bed. Bad, Bad!!
At least tomorrow is a new day--and an opportunity for me to do better. Although, I should mention that it is going to be quite a challenge because tomorrow night is the Ice Cream Social at our church and Matt and I are signed up to scoop ice cream for about 2 hours!! How am I going to resist? :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,

Seems as though I've been MIA lately, but it's just been so busy... I hate it. I am working on trying to be less busy, it's just taking awhile.

Just a couple more days for you and your commitment will be over. Doesn't that feel great! Can't wait to see where your 90 day result bring you. I know it's not the end really, because we both know that it's a life commitment. But it will be nice to just lay low and exercise on your own terms for awhile...

How'd you do at the Ice Cream Social?

Kate said...

well, it's Day 90 Jen! Can you believe it??