Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Just a thought...

I wonder how much more weight we could lift if someone fooled us? I'd love to get my hands on a set of 25 pound dumbbells that are labeled "15 pounds"!!!
I know that I would probably push myself harder if I thought I was struggling with 15 pounders. One thing is for sure..whatever weight the girls in the videos are using---you better believe I am using AT LEAST that heavy or heavier. No way am I going to let THEM outdo ME! ha ha (gosh, when did I become so competative??)
For hubby, I'd like to order a set of 35 pounders---labeled 25 lbs. I bet he'd do it without any problem at all..even though if you asked him right now..he'd say "that's too much weight."
I think we all underestimate our abilities....
Of course, if you're not wanting to build muscle mass...then this would NOT be a plus for you!
Maybe 10 pounders labeled "15 lbs" would be the better "joke" for those trying to lean out instead of build up.
Anyway...just a thought....

No comments: