Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm no stranger to the pain....

I have had this song "I'm no stranger to the rain--so is it any wonder lightning strikes me?" stuck in my head for the past 3 days. Do ya'll know that one? Well, when I hear it in my head, I hear, "I'm no stranger to the pain". Gee Whiz...I don't exercise for 5 days and then all of a sudden I start back and WHAM! the soreness that I felt in the very, very beginning is BACK! My whole body aches. First it was my upper body from doing Chest & Back on Wednesday...then I did Plyo yesterday and my legs are killing me...now today...Shoulders and Arms and already I can feel my biceps and triceps aching. I guess I can look at the positive--if it's hurting, I must be working hard and doing something right! YOUCH!

2 comments:

KC said...

Doesn't it feel great?! I could barely move this week to. After being out of town for the past two weeks, I hit the gym with a vengence on Tuesday, and can I just say...Wednesday I could barely move! Then I did a Yoga class wednesday evening, and thought I was going to DIE! LOL! But afterwards I actually felt better, and less sore. I'm still feeling tight and a little sore, but I love that feeling. It makes me think I'm actually accomplishing something. :)

YOU GO GIRL!!!! If you need anything I'm only a phone call or e-mail away!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, is that what I am in for? After my week off, am I going to be sore all over again? Yuck! Is that all it takes after 1 week off?

I don't know if I can handle not being able to roll over in bed at night again... Ü