Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Banana Nut Bread

I can't remember if I posted this before or not...but I don't think so. This is one of my favorite recipes because I am always having bananas turn brown and I almost always have all the other ingredients on hand--so I can make it very quickly and easily. Plus, it is pretty low-cal and low-fat, I think. I just made some last night and had a peice about 15 minutes ago. YUMMY!

Banana Nut Bread
1/2 c. light butter or margarine
1/4. c. brown sugar
1 egg
3 ripe bananas
1/4 c. light sour cream (or plain low-fat yogurt)
1 1/2 c. wheat flour (or you can use white..but I use wheat)
1 tsp. baking soda (must have this!)
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. chopped walnuts (or however many you have...whatever kind you have)
1 tbsp. Powdered Fructose--optional. The recipe doesn't actually call for this...but since I happen to have it on hand and I wanted my bread to be a teensy bit sweeter---I add it in.

Directions:
Mix first 5 ingredients in a bowl, then add dry ingredients. Lastly mix in nuts. Spray loaf pan with Pam and put in batter. I like to sprinkle a little cinnamon/sugar mixture on the very top--just lightly--to give it sort of a sweet crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Then remove, cover with foil and bake another 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
I also like to keep mine in the fridge...as I think it tastes better cold.
Lastly, you don't have to use "light" products...I just like to do anything I can to take out some of the fat and calories.

Enjoy!!

No comments: