Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Day 78 - The final stretch

Okay, I have 12 more days left in this program and I plan to finish with a bang. That means that on Saturday, August 16, I will be DONE with P90X (the first round anyway).
I got a surprising phone call today--apparently the gym that I work out at 2-3 times a week and have been going to for over 4 years now has decided to remodel (which is very needed) but...that means that they are shutting down for the next 6 months!! To be fair, I guess I shouldn't say they are shutting down because technically they are still open if you want to use the treadmills or elliptical machines ---but as far as I am concerned, they might as well be closed. They have cancelled all group fitness (my classes), shut down the weight room as well as the childcare center. So, basically, I am paying for nothing for the next six months. They are allowing us to use their 3 other sister gyms in the area...but that is out of the question for me seeing as how I already drive 25 minutes to get to this gym and the other 3 are at LEAST an additional 10-20 minutes away.
So what does that mean?
That means that my elliptical machine at home will be getting lots more use---AND---that it will be time to start Round 2 of P90X again sooner than I thought!!
Tonight I did Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and Ab Ripper X. I am going to push myself to not take a single day off for the remaining 12 days--and to also eat as clean as possible.
I am excited about finishing...and excited to see what Round 2 of the X will bring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your still pushing yourself. Keep it up and you'll be glad you did. Just remember its not over in 12 Days. It is a life long comittment.