Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Day 89

Whew! I am blogging early today because I hope to not come back to my computer for the rest of the day! I just finished Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X and an extra little 13 minutes on the elliptical (as a cardio warm up). According to my HRM, I burned 377 cal. on the DVD work outs. As for the elliptical..that thing is crazy. It said I burned 243 calories in that 13 minutes I was on there. Ya Right! I wish! I used to think that was true and accurate...but now that I have the HRM, I pretty much know that is impossible. Yes, I was working hard and doing intervals and using the steepest incline I could handle...but still...at that rate, I would have burned 1000 cal. in an hour. Oh if only it were true! I figure it was more like 100 cal. really.
Anyway, I've done pretty good on my eating so far today. For breakfast, 2 egg whites with FF mozerella cheese, 1 WW toast and 8 oz. skim milk and 2 slices of apple. For mid morning snack/lunch: 1 c. Raisin bran w/ skim milk. So far..that's all I've had today, but I think I will mix up a glass of the P90X recovery drink and call it good for now. I'm ready to get in the shower! Feeling really shakey and dizzy today...could hardly keep my balance during the leg moves.
I think I am going to make my new weight "goal" to weigh what it says on my drivers licence! 125. I am at 136 right now..so 11 pounds isn't too crazy. Who knows when I might get there...but hey, I HAVE to have a goal to aim for or I lose my drive. I guess if I ever do get "skinny" enough, then I'll have to start making goals for muscle definition...but right now, I'd still like to loose all the extra flab.
And just for the record (because it's been bugging me)...yesterday I said my thighs were "solid muscle". I don't really mean that. They still have their fair share of flab...they are just very musclar for the average woman, I think. Don't want anyone to think I think I've "arrived"(at perfection)!!
Oh and YIPPEEE!!!!! TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY!!! DAY 90! DAY NINETY! I can hardly believe it!! TIME FOR "AFTER" PHOTOS!!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I'm so proud of you for keeping your commitment and sticking with it. The thing I loved the most is that when you had an "off" day...you just got back on the horse the next day! I need to learn that one...that's usually what keeps me off the horse!

Can't wait to see your pictures!!!