Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day 77 and 78

Monday was day 77. It was a succesful day, as Monday's usually are for me. It's at about 6:30 Monday morning when I realize...oh gee....I'm really gonna have to work hard today to try to make up for what I just did this weekend. What's sad...I say that EVERY Monday morning! (you'd think I'd learn a lesson eventually!)
Anyway, the work out was Chest, Shoulders & Triceps with Ab Ripper and I really brought it today. I pushed myself to do the pushups boy-style longer than usual. I'll tell you what I've really come to hate though...is slow push ups. Let me go at my pace and I can keep pounding them out...but slow me down to a 4-count push up and it's like torture!
Eating was alright but nothing like what I was about to begin on Tuesday morning!! During the day Monday, my buddy Kandy posted on her blog about some new eating habits she had adopted. I probed further and found out she was following a 21 day fat-loss plan out of the newext Oxygen magazine. After one week, she's already lost 4.4 pounds, so I knew it worked...so I said "sign me up!". I hadn't really planned on starting it IMMEDIATELY...but when I got up Tuesday morning..I figured the sooner the better!

Tuesday, Day 78
Cooked my first meal of the day: plain non-instant oatmeal with a banana. Bland..but bearable. I also prepared most of my food for the remainder of the day so I wouldn't be tempted to grab something more convenient....if it's already washed, cut up and in baggies, I'm about 99% more likely to eat it.
After breakfast it was off to the gym for my core class, which was great as usual. Shelley has definitely gotten a wild hair lately and just can't resist throwing in some cardio and plyo --which I love! One thing about her classes...you never know what you're gonna get!--and who doesn't LOVE that? I mean...variety is the spice of life, right? Tony Horton said it himself! One SURE thing is you won't ever leave her classes feeling like you just wasted your time...it's ALWAYS a good work out!
After class, I ran for a bit on the treadmill..but again...I got off mid-way through my run to figure out how to turn the attached TV on...and screwed up my display numbers. I had to start all the way back over after about 7 minutes...so I'm clueless as to how far/long I ran. Then Rene asked me to come over and try some of the new machines our gym got. They are sort of like an elliptical but way cooler! At first I was a little nervous, but I quickly got acquainted wtih the machine and now I love it! You can adjust your stride however you want--to either do stair stepper like movements, small step running motions or HUGE stride running motion. Also you pull on the bars with your arms which gives an upper body work out too...and with all that pulling and running, your core ends up doing a lot of twisting around too...so it's like a total body work out. Anyway, I did that thing for 25 minutes. In all, I worked out for 1:50 minutes.
As I mentioned, my eating yesterday was fabulous! This is what I had:

breakfast - 3/4 c. plain oatmeal with small banana
snack - apple
lunch - 4 oz. baked chicken breast, 1/2 c. brown rice, 1 c. carrots
snack - 2 c. celery, 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter
snack - Oh Yeah! protien bar and banana
dinner - 6 oz. baked flounder, 1 c. asparagus, 1 c. zucchini, 2 c. green salad

According to the meal plan...I shouldn't have had that protien bar and banana...but I got caught up grocery shopping and then going to Grant's T-ball practice and didn't get to have dinner at my scheduled time...and I felt like I was starving...so I ate the only thing I had in the car, which was the protien bar and banana. To make up for this...I skipped my last snack of the day which would have been 1 c. mixed berries.

This meal plan thing guarantees you to lose 10 pounds or more in 21 days!!! I am really only wanting to lose 8...but I'll take 10 or more! I weighed myself this morning to be sure of my starting weight and it was 133.4. My goal is 125. If anyone else is interested in following this plan, holler at me and I'll forward it to you--or better yet--you can pick up the Spring 2009 Oxygen magazine and read the whole article for yourself!

2 comments:

Faith | Family | Fitness said...

Those slow push ups are killers!! Way to go on pushing yourself hard!! I'm definitely gonna have to check out that diet.

KC said...

Great Job Jen! Keep up the good work and you'll be at your goal in no time.