Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 65

Man...what a go-go-go day! We got an early start (me and my mom) and took the kids to a children's museum here in town this morning. Then we went out for lunch (pizza) and then to the mall for a teensy bit of shopping and playing (they have a great play area in the center of our mall). As I was leaving the mall, some passer-by's pointed out to me that I had a flat tire. Thankfully there was a Goodyear place in the same parking lot so I drove over there and they aired up my tire for me. That was at about 3:30. By 6:30 when we got ready to leave for church...it was completley flat again. I'm talking so flat that Matt said I couldn't even pull it into the garage. It's pretty much just sitting on the rim. BUMMER! So, we took my mom's car to church tonight and tomorrow I'll be driving her ride while mine sits and waits for Matt to have time to put on my spare. (not that I mind...she has a loaded out Toyota Forerunner! :o) Anyway after we got home from church and got the kids all tucked into bed, I decided to do Back & Biceps and Ab Ripper X. I really thought I probably wasn't going to end up getting a work out in today since we were so busy...but when we got home from church, for some reason I felt really energetic and not tired at all...so to work I went! Poor Matt though..I had to do it in our master bedroom tonight because our living room TV isn't working. It's the craziest thing. We just bought it--our first big plasma screen to hang on the wall--a couple of years ago, if even that long, and already it won't turn on. We have had the WORST luck in our 11 years of marraige with TV's. I think every TV we've ever owned has had some sort of malfunction with it!
Anyhow, I am really glad I did my work out. I could have very easily just curled up in bed and watched American Idol...but I didn't. I did the work and look--it's only ten after 10 right now...so its still early enough to watch a little TV before I doze off! yay! Goodnight Y'all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you for still pushing play after a long day! That's committment!

You sound like a great, Godly mom, and it's really refreshing to read that you take your kids to church and everything. You can tell because you take things in stride..laidback, not worrying about tomorrow, just focusing on today. Your husband's got himself a Proverbs 31 woman! Lucky guy!