Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 52

Today was good. Since we're in the Recovery Week, I think today was supposed to be Yoga...but since I did Yoga yesterday, I am skipping it for today and just doing my normal classes at the gym. (45 min. step & 45 min. interval training). For those 2 classes I burned 712 calories. It was SO hot in the gym today, as it always is when the temperatures around here start rising. Even though I hate being that hot, it does help me burn some extra calories, which is always a good thing! I ate pretty good all day. Started out with some Kashi oatmeal, had a protien bar and fruit on the way home from my work outs. Snacked on some left over steamed veggies and 1/2 a baked chicken breast at 3 pm and then for dinner Matt grilled turkey burgers. We didn't have any buns so we just at them like a steak with sauteed onions on top! YUM! I also made zuchhini fries and we had some applesauce with it all. Later in the evening everyone wanted an "oreo shake" again. This time I made mine seperate from everyone elses. I used crushed ice, 1/2 c. skim milk and my cookies-n-cream protien powder (1 scoop). Then instead of throwing in oreos, I took 1 oreo apart, took out all the cream, crushed up the 2 chocolate cookies and sprinkled that on top. It wasn't NEARLY as good as the other night...but still, I felt like I had a treat and it was probably more like 150 calories instead of like 350 the other night.

3 comments:

KC said...

Great Job Jen!!!!
You had your "treat" but you made it a healthier version. I'm proud of ya girl!
Sounds like you had a GREAT day!

Trav and Jess P90X said...

Just out of curiosity, how many calories do you think you have on average, how about your hubby Matt? As we get ready to move into phase 2 I'm debating on whether my wife and I should change the diet slightly adding another carb and fruit while taking away a protein, or if we should just stay in phase 1??? I still have like 10 pounds around the middle that I want to shed and the worry is if I am taking in even more carb that it's going to be harder to take off.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Jen! You'll be there before you know it!!