Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 49

Today was Core Synergestics. That has got to be one of the best workouts in P90X. There are push ups and weights and jumping and squatting. It's everything in one amazing hour! That's the one you need to do immediately prior to putting on your swimsuit because I guarantee you--that's as "tight" as you're ever gonna be in the core--after doing that!
Anyhow, eating was okay today. Not the best ever...but not bad. The only really "bad" thing we did was have a small brownie after dinner. When I have something like that I always feel like "I deserve it" because I worked out and ate right all day...but in reality...just having one small brownie (or other dessert) every night after dinner can make the difference in whether I do or don't ever lose this last 10 pounds. I know I'm going to have to give up my sugar addiction if the pounds are going to drop. Some people say "limit yourself to one treat a week" and that sounds good...but if you guys only knew. I feel like I'm doing GOOD if I limit myself to one treat a DAY! Auuughhhh....this is definitely my weakness!

3 comments:

KC said...

If you just have to have somethiing sweet...try the "no sugar added, fudgesicles". They only have 40 calories! I love these for when I just have to have my ice cream fix. :)
Or I've also found fresh pinapple satisfies my sweet tooth also. YUMMM!!!

Kate said...

I do the same thing w/ sweets. But those extra calories each day can sure add up to me storing sugar instead of burning glycogen. Ever try No Pudge brownies? They're really good. The come in a pink box. You make them w/ low-fat yogurt. Give 'em a try if you can.

Fresh pineapple - good for your lady bits! no joke. Get one today and cut that sucker up. Matt will thank you :) lol

Faith | Family | Fitness said...

Ok girl, you're making me crave something sweet BIG TIME by just reading your post. I have had NO dessert in 60 days and I can actually taste the brownies you were talking about!! Fruit is the closest thing I get to sweet and I'm not so sure I'm gonna be able to make it these last 30 days. Ugh! I'm sure you'll find a way around it and drop those last few pounds. Keep up the great work!