Philippians 3:12-14 (The Message Bible)

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Days 57 and 58

Okay let's see... I got so excited about writing my "Shelley" post that I forgot to post about yesterday!
Tuesday, Day 57, I got up and went to core class at the gym. As always I got a great work out from that. Later that evening Matt and I did Plyo X. I ate decently although I've discovered a new love: the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches! Oh. My. Gosh!!! Target had them on sale for $2.49 so I thought I'd try 'em. (I was always to cheap to try them before). Anyway...they only have 140 calories so they aren't too bad of a cheat....but the real delight was how GOOD they are. You'll just have to try them and see...but I'm telling you...you're gonna have trouble not feeling guilty eating it because it is THAT good!
Today, Wednesday, Day 58. I wanted to watch The Biggest Loser that I had dvr'd so I watched half of it while I ate lunch and then for the 2nd half, I hopped on my elliptical and got in some cardio while I watched. I ended up doing 45 minutes on there. After that I did Ab Ripper so I could get that out of the way for today. Since we started going to church on Wednesday nights, its hard to fit everything in between the time Matt gets home from work at 4:30 and when we leave for church at 6:30 (work out, shower, get ready, eat dinner) Today I was PREpared!! I had already cooked dinner ahead of time, set the table, layed out our clothes and bibles for church and had the Shoulders & Arms DVD loaded and ready to go. We ended up having plenty of time since everything was so ready...and that was nice. We actually made it there ON TIME for once!! yay!! I've done good on my eating all day and I got lots of good working out in...but...I'm REALLY wanting to have one of my Skinny Cow's right now while I watch American Idol. I did really good and skipped out on the Blue Bell icecream that EVERYONE else in my family ate after church at our ice cream shop...so surely a single Skinny Cow isn't that bad? right? ohhh...I know I probably shouldn't have it....but I'm gonna. Wow...did I just admit that to you all. See---you think I'm sooo strong...but put a dessert in front of my face and I'm like Sampson with his hair cut off....no strength left whatsoever!

Anyway, I want to leave you all with a verse that I saw tonight at church. We were reading in Colossians and somehow my eyes wandered across the page and this verse popped out at me and I couldn't help but giggle. I even wrote it on my hand so I wouldn't forget!
Colossians 2: 16
"Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink...."
So THERE...don't ya'll be judgin' me for havin' a Skinny Cow....the Bible says so!! :o)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HA-too funny! I have to remember that verse!! I love how you wrote it on your hand, I would have done the same thing! LOL

BTW-You are seriously motivating. You call me motivating, but I love how you have such balance..you workout like crazy but don't deprive yourself. That's a very hard "skill" that alot of people just don't have. So give yourself a 'pat on the back.' :)

KC said...

LOL! that's cute!
Love those skinny cow ice cream bars. my mom told me about them a few years ago. anytime i can find them on sale, i buy them. they are so yummy..i have to hide them from the kids though! LOL! (that's MY treat!)